Did you mean: 

Problem with changing plot style

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
t0m34
375 Views, 7 Replies

Problem with changing plot style

Hi,

I have 3D model which was prepared by someone else. I work on AutoCAD 2013. Problem is when I change plot style for example in monochrome it doesn't change colours in layout, the same thing when I change colours in viewports, they remain as they are defined in layers. 

Does anyone know what can block changing colours?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: t0m34

CTB or STB plot style tables? a DWG file can't be both, and they don't work the same way either.
Message 3 of 8
scot-65

In the model space tab, command PLOT and change pen tables there.
You will be prompted to apply this change to all layouts? Yes.
Then, Apply button, and cancel.

I'm making the assumption "doesn't change colors in layout" is what you see when you preview the plot.

???

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 4 of 8
t0m34

1. CTB plot style tables.

2. Yes. "doesn't change colors in layout" is what I see on preview 

I noticed one more thing, when I changed plot style it works for objects which I added on layouts (dimensions, text) but it doesn't work for things in viewports.

Message 5 of 8
jggerth1

is the existing material in the drawing by Entity or Bylayer?    run the SETBYLAYER command if the former...

Message 6 of 8
t0m34

it didn't help 😕

Message 7 of 8
GrantsPirate

Once  you start using visual styles you must control them through VISUALSTYLES manager.  Once you get the properties the way you like for a particular visual style you will want to drag and drop that onto a tool palette so you will always have it ready to apply again.  The changes will not be held in the VISUALSTYLES manager from session to session.

Edge settings will be a good place to start experimenting with the color changes inside the VISUALSTYLES manager.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 8 of 8
t0m34

I have found answer. Viewport's shade plot was set 'As Displayed' and I changed it for 'Legacy hidden'. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost