Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with CAD 2014

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
djolegaf
316 Views, 3 Replies

Problem with CAD 2014

Hi. I have tried to run Cadalyst 2015 test for AutoCAD on my computer, but after first 3D test, CAD stopped to respond, and after 15-20min. test get me the results. Since there is ''Not Responding'' message for all time during test, there is a problem. But my processor shows max 60-70% per core, GPU also, memory of graphic card is on 10-20% max, and RAM not more than 70% of use. So if anyone have an idea what could be a problem, please help me. Thanks in advance!

My hardware is:

- Phenom II X4 960T

- 4GB 1800MHz DDR3 RAM

- HD 4850 1GB DDR5

- SATA HDD

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: djolegaf

Hi,

>> Since there is ''Not Responding'' message for all time during test, there is a problem

Really? That message tells you "it can not respond to you, because it's working on the stress test", nothing else, not a problem.

It's like you are phoning with your friend and someone else asks you something: you will tell that person "I'm busy, come later again" ... but you are real alive, nothing wrong here too.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
djolegaf
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

So, when I am drawing a house, for example, and AutoCAD stop responding,
that means that he at that time is drawing bridge, or something else? 🙂
No, I think that there is a problem! Especially because of fact that on
youtube all presented tests are going smoothly, and on my old HD 3850, on
Win 7 32-bit, I didn't have ''Not Responding'' message when start test.
Message 4 of 4
jggerth1
in reply to: djolegaf

first off, Acad is not a heavily multi-threaded program, so will not take significant advantage of multiple cores.

secong, 4GB or RAM?  That's barely enough to get a modern winodws OS functioning, much less anything as computationally intensive as ACAD, especially on a stress test.

thow that RAM away, and put bigger sticks in -- minimum 8, slightly better 16Gb, sweet spot on the bang/buck scale seems to be 24Gb (2 -8s, & 2-4Gb sticks if your MB supports it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost