Did you mean: 

Problem with Autocad due to my videocard

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
gageanumihai
1112 Views, 4 Replies

Problem with Autocad due to my videocard

Hello,

My name is Gageanu Mihai. I am a student of Technical University of Civil Engineering Bucharest. I recently bought a laptop with an i7 4702MQ 2.2 , 8GB RAM and a videocard AMD Radeon 8750M HD.

I thought AutoCAD will run smoothly but it does not. It is framing badly. I would like to mention all my drivers are up to date. Other applications run with no problems except the AutoCAD. I contacted AMD by phone and they told me I have to contact Autodesk support because this is an old problem and you have to provide me with a patch to solve the encountered issue.

I am looking forward to your answer and to a possible solution.

Best regards,

Gageanu Mihai

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com!

>> I contacted AMD by phone and they told me I have to contact Autodesk support because this is an old problem

And if they know it is "an old problem" they can't give you the info which problem it is? Strange.

>> [...] you have to provide me [...]

Here is a discussion forum, mostly users helping users, not the direct Autodesk support.

If you want to get a info directly from Autodesk you need to login to your subscription account and create a support request.

>> [...] provide me with a patch to solve the encountered issue.

We don't even know your AutoCAD release (and exact product, e.g. if it's a vertical like Civil 3D) but should provide to a link with a patch?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5

Hello Alfred,

Sorry if I sounded arrogant. but this is what they told me. I am using Autocad 2013 simple, no 3D.

Message 4 of 5

Hi,

>> I am using Autocad 2013

Then the service packs are available >>>here to download<<< and install.

And specially for your graphics hardware: Autodesk does not write any hardware drivers for graphic hardware. So you don't get any patches for your gc-driver(s).

The only option is to look to the list of gc-drivers tested by Autodesk >>>there<<< (this is the list for AutoCAD 2013, on Win7x64 on AMD, modify the criteria if any of my assumptions are not correct).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5

Hi Alfred,

I already found the solution on an HP forum. 

I had to type in the command line:3DCONFIG->MANUAL TUNE->ENABLE HARDWARE ACCELERATION.

Everything is OK now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost