Problem saving on compatibility mode on autocad 2013

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
404 Views, 5 Replies

Problem saving on compatibility mode on autocad 2013

Hey guys,

i´m having a problem here..

when i try to save on my autocad 2013 normal, it works pretty well..

but when i try to save on compatibility mode it stucks.

what can it be?

thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com!

>> but when i try to save on compatibility mode

Do you mean the setting "Maintain drawing size compatibility" in the options dialog, tab "Open and Save"?

If so: what objects do you have within your drawing that makes that setting necessary? (or do you have any vertical instead of plane AutoCAD)

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Ohh no, sorry for not being especific..
I mean when you try to save your file. Saving as autocad 2013 file works pretty well. But when i try to save in compatibility mode, so it can be opened on older versions of autocad, my computer just stucks :(!
Message 4 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

by default, when you have only AutoCAD objects and not any objects from verticals or applications it should not be any problem.

And just as a guess, if you create a new drawing with just a few lines the saving back to an older dwg-format will work without problems, right? If that is right then it depends on specific drawings ... can you upload at least one of them?

And two additional tries:

a) command _OPTIONS, tab "Open and Save" ... play with the two checkboxes below of the "Save as" file-format

b) try to run command -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD with different formats to get the dawing back to an older dwg-format.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Oh, thanks for your attention!
I´ve already tried to save a new drawing just with a few lines and the problem still continues 😞
I tried the B solution too and it doesn´t work.
Well, i made a contact with autodesk suport and now i´ll be waiting for their answer.. than i can compare with yours and try to solve something hehe..
But anyway, thank you very much!!
Message 6 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I´ve already tried to save a new drawing just with a few lines and the problem still continues

Can you upload that drawing?

Do you have a vertical product like Architecture or Mechanical or Civil3D ...? Or do you have an application sitting on top of AutoCAD that creates some proxies?

If you login to your Windows with another user-account (best would be: new account, admin permissions), is the problem then the same?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost