AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Active Contributor
tstright
Message 11 of 15 (110 Views)

Re: Printing to Adobe PDF

04-24-2013 10:47 AM in reply to: heinsite

I use Bluebeam for my PDF needs and it's a cheap alternate to Adobe.

I've never had reliably output from the PDF driver in AC.

"Only the Skilled Survive"
wanderr1
Message 12 of 15 (97 Views)

04-24-2013 03:32 PM in reply to: glenn2008

hi, i am using Auto cad 2013 on mac os X version 10.8.2

when i assign transperency to a hatch its visible on the screen but when i plot it or make a pdf of the file it comes opaque  ?

i tried the options u suggested but i cant find the "plot transperency" check box in the plot window ?

please help 

thank u

*Expert Elite*
heinsite
Message 13 of 15 (93 Views)

04-24-2013 05:33 PM in reply to: wanderr1

Maybe you can't see the checkbox because you haven't expanded the plot dialog.  Look at the example below to find the Expand button (>) and the Plot transparency checkbox.

plot_transparency.jpg

(I'm assuming the plot dialogs are similar in the Mac version to what we see in Windows... hope they are!)

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
glenn2008
Message 14 of 15 (86 Views)

04-24-2013 08:26 PM in reply to: heinsite
THEre was no example in your email. . I have plotted to all the adobe pdfs. some work sometimes, most give me an error message in the plot file at the bottom of the page which i am not sure if it refers to adobe or autocad. It says that " no startdoc command" .

Glenn

There was a new Reply.

Subject:

Author:
heinsite (*Expert Elite*)

Date:
04-24-2013 05:33 PM

Maybe you can't see the checkbox because you haven't expanded the plot dialog. Look at the example below to find the Expand button (>) and the Plot transparency checkbox.
*Expert Elite*
heinsite
Message 15 of 15 (84 Views)

04-24-2013 08:40 PM in reply to: glenn2008

I wrote "example"... should have written "image".  But what I wanted you to look at is the plot dialog image in my message above and the two red arrows showing you where to expand the plot dialog and where to find the "plot transparency" setting. 

You need to return to the Discussion Group to see this... it just occurred to me you may have replied directly to the email notification that something new has been added to the discussion.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube