15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
FCort
1204 Views, 15 Replies

Precision and trim quick tool

Hello,

Please clarify the following questions:

*Using the command “dist” I got a measurement of 11'-8 5/32" ; but when I use the command  list  the value is 11’-8 1/8”. How to change the units precision for the command “list”?

*if I would like more precision in the calculator (Quick calc), how to set the precision 1/64 only in the calculator?, and keep the drawing units precision 1/16.

* How to trim interior line all at once? (Please see picture).

Regards,

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: FCort

One answer to the trimming question is if you hit trim<enter><enter> it will get to the "all" function of the trim command. Once launched, you touch the lines inside the rectangles one at a time. Just hit Esc to cancel when done.

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 16
pendean

UNITS command, set your precision there for this one drawing file. Repeat for all other files.
Message 4 of 16
steve216586
in reply to: pendean

LUPREC - Sets the display precision for linear units and coordinates.

However, the internal precision of distance, area, and volume values, and linear coordinates is always maintained, regardless of the display precision. LUPREC does not affect the display precision of dimension text.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 5 of 16
FCort
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Very useful,
Thank you
Message 6 of 16
FCort
in reply to: steve216586

Hi,

I would like more precision in the calculator (Quick calc), how to set the precision 1/64 only in the calculator?, and keep the drawing units precision 1/16.

Regards,

Message 7 of 16
takamidoriseiji

コマンド入力:  単位透過的に使用するため 
画像をご覧ください
Message 8 of 16
FCort
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Please let me know a quicker way to trim the inside lines, because it takes too much time to pick one by one of the inside lines. (I would like to select only the horizontal lines and then select the trimming lines and NOT pick one by one of the inside part.).

Thanks.

Message 9 of 16
steve216586

Only in Microstation is that possible with core functions.

Message 10 of 16
imadHabash

EXTRIM command line is exactly your need.

Message 11 of 16
steve216586
in reply to: imadHabash

EXTRIM only allows the selection of one entity for the trim plane.

Message 12 of 16
FCort

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, but it is not what I need, because with extrim I have to select one by one of the cutting rectangles and I have a lot of rectangles, so extrim it is even worst that use the plain trim, which at least allows to select many trimming edge at once, the problem with plain trim it is  that I have to pick every inside line (many) to trim only the inside part.

(I would like to select only the horizontal line and then select ALL the trimming lines and NOT pick one by one).

Thanks in advance.

Message 13 of 16
FCort

Hi,
Thank you for your answer, but it is not what I need, because with extrim I have to select one by one of the cutting rectangles and I have a lot of rectangles, so extrim it is even worst that use the plain trim, which at least allows to select many trimming edge at once, the problem with plain trim it is that I have to pick every inside line (many) to trim only the inside part.
(I would like to select only the horizontal line and then select ALL the trimming lines and NOT pick one by one).
Thanks.
Message 14 of 16
FCort

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, but it is not what I need, because with extrim I have to select one by one of the cutting rectangles and I have a lot of rectangles, so extrim it is even worst that use the plain trim, which at least allows to select many trimming edge at once, the problem with plain trim it is  that I have to pick every inside line (many) to trim only the inside part.

Thanks.

Message 15 of 16
FCort

I don't want to pick one by one, I have a railing picket and trim all interior lines at once it is what I am looking for.

Message 16 of 16
ВeekeeCZ

You can try one of these routines to break a line

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=10370.0

Then select lines by length to erase them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost