Did you mean: 

Pointer jumps to top left with mouse wheel zoom

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
2292 Views, 11 Replies

Pointer jumps to top left with mouse wheel zoom

I am running Map3d but believe this is fundamentally a vanila autocad issue.  I have been searching for a solution for weeks and am surprised nobody else is having this issue.

When using my mouse wheel to zoom, the mouse pointer suddenly jumps to the top left corner of the autocad window.  I don't notice at first, but suddenly the perspective of my zooming has become relative to that point.  Sometimes I get 2 or 3 scrolls normally, other times it jumps right away.  I thought it was my wireless mouse, but have had the exact same issue with a microsoft usb mouse.  I have checked the middle mouse button settings and tried various options but no luck.  

I am running on a new laptop with i7 processor, 20 Gig ram, nvidia gtx 670 mx video and Win 7-64 (especially installed for Map3d compatability with SQL server).  Any help would be greatly appreciated before I go totally insane!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

what version of Map3D do you have? And verify that you have installed the latest service pack for your Map3D >>>click<<<!

At least I have not seen that phenomen, also using Win7x64 but more often working with Civil3D than in Map3D.

I would start uninstalling the mousedriver, plugin it then into another USB port and install an new driver then.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I am running 2014 as part of infrastructure design suite and yes I have the sp installed.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I have tried updating the driver for the wireless mouse as well as switching ports. Also have tried a standard microsoft optical mouse. I suspect a graphics driver issue as my card is not listed on the supported hardware page last time I checked.
Message 5 of 12
pendean

Touchscreen by chance? You are describing a mouse and mouse-click trigger if I read your post correctly.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

no - just a standard display.
Message 7 of 12
pendean

In your test, you uninstalled all mouse drivers, plugged in a wired mouse, no driver, restarted Windows and the problem persisted?
That's a test above, anything else you may have done may not have been enough. Try it.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

just completed the test and the problem persists and now I can no longer pan with mouse wheel either.

Also to add info that may be relevant: I am running Map3D through a virtual machine (VMware player). {The native os on my pc is Win 8.1-64 but I moved Map to the Win7-64 VM at the advice of my instructor as a work-around to a compatibility issue with SQL server which I am linking to.} After looking at other posts, I have updated the VMware tools and tried turning hardware acceleration off.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

pan with mouse is back. I forgot to delete "Setpoint" optional mouse software from Logitech.
Message 10 of 12
pendean

Sweet! One down 😉
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

I have worked around the issue by moving my license from my Win7 virtual machine to the native Win8.1 os.  At least the mouse/zoom issue is resolved which is an easier poison to swallow than the SQL server compatability issues which I will deal with on another day.

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Hi,

I got the exact same problem on my VMware. In AutoCAD all works fine, but in Map the mouse jumps to the upper left corner.

For me, I found the solution in the following post:

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?37701-VMWare-sluggish-selection-cursor-only

In VMware Fusion, go to Preferences.

In the "General" tab you have a drop down list next to "Gaming:"

Select "Never optimize mouse for games"

That did the trick for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost