AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Contributor
toptun
Message 1 of 4 (1,495 Views)
Accepted Solution

Plotting line weights using drawing views

1495 Views, 3 Replies
05-01-2012 03:53 AM

I have a problem. For example, I have a 3D model. I'm making drawing view, using "create view" task. Now, when i got my view in layout, I choose "edit view" and set appearance to "hidden lines". Ok. When I plot my drawing, i get all lines with the same line weight - visible and invisible lines are all the same weight. How can I make invisible (hidden) lines to be ploted thiner, while visible lines stay thick? Do Autocad 2013 have this option to make it available to change?

Contributor
toptun
Message 2 of 4 (1,479 Views)

Re: Plotting line weights using drawing views

05-01-2012 08:27 AM in reply to: toptun

does anybody knows how to solve this problem?

*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 3 of 4 (1,476 Views)

05-01-2012 08:44 AM in reply to: toptun

Using VIEWBASE commands creates layers MD-XYZ, look for the layer you need and adjust accordingly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
Garrett_Hall
Message 4 of 4 (1,369 Views)

06-16-2012 11:57 AM in reply to: GrantsPirate

I only get a MD_Visible or MD_Hidden layer that everything goes on.  I can't seem to get individual layers for any of the objects in my created view, nor can I assign any layers.  This is extremely frustrating.  If I can't change line weight or line type.  I can't use it.  Any Ideas...

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube