Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting blank page

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
jamied2000
1546 Views, 13 Replies

Plotting blank page

I have Windows 8 and AutoCAD 2014.  If i just plot each page manually or do a publish to the plotter sometimes it will plot a blank page.  I have a Canon IPF765.  It never did this before I had to upgrade my computer to windows 8.  it plotted just fine in windows 7.  Does anyone else have this issue and if so how do i get rid of the issue?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
hwalker
in reply to: jamied2000

Have you recently updated your plotter drivers?

If so can you rollback the drivers to a previous version and see if that works.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 14
Shawn_Niles
in reply to: hwalker

This does sound driver related. One way to test that is to plot to DWF or PDF and see if the same issue happens. If it does not happen with PDF's or DWF's, then it is almost certainly a driver issue. Please let us know what you find out.

Shawn Niles
Message 4 of 14
jamied2000
in reply to: Shawn_Niles

I have the up-to-date driver according to the website.  I even installed the AutoCAD optimization driver for ImagPrograf 765 MFP and it still is printing blank pages.  It does not matter if if use publish command or print each layout separately it will still print out blank pages every so often.

Message 5 of 14
jamied2000

I cannot roll back the driver as I had to wipe out my computer system and install windows 8.
Message 6 of 14
JDMather

@jamied2000 wrote:
... it will still print out blank pages every so often.

Are you saying you can print the exact same file 10 times and some times it prints and other times it doesn't.
or

Are you saying that some files print and other files do not print?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 7 of 14
jamied2000
in reply to: JDMather

Yes I can print the same file 10 tims n a row and sometimes it will not print the same layouts as the time before.  For example i will print Page 1-Page 10 and 1 time it might not print pages 2-4.  Then if i send all the same pages again it might print pages 2-4 fine and maybe then not print pages 5 and 8.  And if i send all 10 pages to the print again it might print them all out fine.  This has happened ever since i had to install windows 8 on my computer.

Message 8 of 14
jamied2000

Here is a screen shot of the error that I am getting when it prints the blank page(s).

Message 9 of 14
jamied2000

I just did a 2 page PDF through the publish command and it said it published both pages but when i looked at the PDF both pages were blank.  So I don't know if thats a windows 8 think or an AutoCAD thing.  I use the AutoCAD pdf program.  Then I repeated the same publish command right away again and both pages published.

Message 10 of 14
hwalker

I've just had a look at that screenshot and it looked like it wasn't an autocad error coming up.

I googled and got this page

http://canonipf.wikispaces.com/share/view/10754638

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 11 of 14
jamied2000

Thanks for the feed back hwalker but it also does it when I do a pdf from inside of AutoCAD too just not when I send it to the plotter.  So I am not sure what the networking cord would have to do with publishing a PDF document on my own computer since that does not go thru the network.

Message 12 of 14
pendean

Going solely by the "error" screenshot you posted, it's a device driver issue.
Can you post a screenshot from AutoCAD or Windiws when your PDF creation also fails?
Message 13 of 14
jamied2000
in reply to: pendean

I would post up a screen shot of the error when it does the PDF but it does not come up with an error.  It says that it publishes the PDF fine but when I opened it up there was nothing on the PDF pages.  Again this does not do it on every drawing that I try to publish.  It is a hit and miss thing.

Message 14 of 14
pendean

The challenge for you is to find a common trigger, while you wait here for more guesses. It's been a very long time sing I got a blank page and that turned out to be a wrong PAGESETUP selection on my part.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost