Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotters.....

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
hkaplan1227
247 Views, 3 Replies

Plotters.....

We currently have a Xerox 510 wide format plotter. We are in the market for a new wide format plotter and was hoping to get some feedback on other plotters. The 510 has 3 drawings and I think is produces 5D per minutes.

We will be looking into OCE and KIP, another manufacturer was also proposed to us. It is called Teriostar, which is made by Sieko.

We would also like a plotter that doubles as a copier.

Could I get some feedback on what you are all using. Pro's and Con's for the plotter.

Any input is appreciated

Howard Kaplan, Civil3D 2014
Dell Optiplex 9010
Intel I-7 3770 CPU @ 3.4 Ghz
16 gb RAM, 64 bit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: hkaplan1227

What is your budget and what country are you in?
Any other specifications desired (such as 44" width, color, etc.?)
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 4
dgorsman

A lot of it is going to come down to service: how good is it, what are you paying for, how long do you wait?

Given the option, from a strictly hardware perspective I prefer Oce.  The only problems I've had are users trying to load toner or paper with no idea what they are doing.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 4
hkaplan1227

We are located on Long Island which is located in southeast part of New York.

The current service project was purchased along with the 510. Xerox's service response is pretty good. If I call them in the morning, the tech usually arrives later that day. If I called them after lunch, they would arrive early the next morning..

I would hope all service regardless of the manufacturer would atleast have a response time similar or better.

Our current plotter is strictly black and white and has 3 draws. We have 24", 30" & 36" rolls. We do not use paper bigger than 36". I suppose we may if the plotter allowes for it.

Howard Kaplan, Civil3D 2014
Dell Optiplex 9010
Intel I-7 3770 CPU @ 3.4 Ghz
16 gb RAM, 64 bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost