Did you mean: 

Ploting geolocation map in paperspace

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jamied2000
10262 Views, 6 Replies

Ploting geolocation map in paperspace

Why can i not print my map out in my paperspace layout?  This is my first time using the maps in AutoCAD.  I go thru what it exactly tells me to do in order to print by using the capture area but it still tells me cannot print  Any idea of why i cant plot the maps..  

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: jamied2000

Not enough detailed information:
What's a map?
How was it added to the DWG?
Plotting to what driver and device?
What exactly did the error message say?
What are the rest of your plot parameters?
AutoCAD version?
Windows version?
Message 3 of 7
jamied2000
in reply to: pendean

I am using the geolocation in AutoCAD. A map is something that you look up a location the of a place on.  After I insert the map with the Geolocation Ribbon tab.  I go to the Geolocation ribbon tab online map and use the capture area.  Acorrding to the AutoCAD help after I use this command it is embeded in the drawing so it will plot out.  I am plotting to a canon IPF765. I have windows 8 with AutoCAD 2015.  After I goto my page layout and hit plot it comes up with a message saying that it is an online map and cannot be ploted.  It says i need to make it a map image.  Which like i said according to the AutoCAD help that it what I have done when using the map image capture command.

Message 4 of 7
jamied2000

Here are some snip its of the AutoCAD help when I did a search for plot map.  The help search plot map is the first search that I did for plotting maps.  Then after that search came up I click ion the capture rectanular area.  So if I am understanding this correctly what I did in AutoCAD should have embedded the image in the drawing.

Message 5 of 7
jamied2000

I figured it out.  You have to click on the ribbon button for the capture area.  You cannot click on the capture area pull down and select capture area.

Message 6 of 7
amalek2

"I figured it out.  You have to click on the ribbon button for the capture area.  You cannot click on the capture area pull down and select capture area."

I don't understand this advise. Could you explain ? I cannot print my map in a paperspace layout.  

Message 7 of 7
rafavego
in reply to: amalek2

Go to the Geolocation tab, and then go to the capture area section to create an image of the location you want to display under your work

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost