Plot dialog box size default

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
jseward123
1442 Views, 9 Replies

Plot dialog box size default

Hello,

Currently my plot dialog box size default shows less options, and I'd like it to show more options by default.

How do I change the size default?

Using AutoCAD 2014.

Thank you,

Jim

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
doben
in reply to: jseward123

Click on the arrow in the lower right of the dialog box.

Message 3 of 10
jseward123
in reply to: doben

That does not change the default settings though for me. When I invoke the plot dialog box, I want it to show more options by default.

Message 4 of 10
doben

These are all the options available (see attached)

Click "Apply to Layout" to save your default plot settings for the drawing or click "Add" to make new ones.

Is this what you're looking for?

Message 5 of 10
jseward123

No, but thanks anyway. When I used AutoCAD 2013 and opened the plot dialog box it was already expanded to show 'more options' by default. After upgrading to 2014 I now have to manually expand it to show the 'more options' pane. I would like it to be already displayed so I do not have to manually expand it.
Message 6 of 10
doben

The box will remain either condensed or expanded once you click "OK".

Message 7 of 10
jseward123

Interesting, well something stuck and now it opens fully expanded, even after closing and reopening AutoCAD. Man Happy

Message 8 of 10
scot-65

One has to fully complete the plot process in order for the expanded section to "stick". Once upon a time I did find that registry setting, but long since forgotten where it was...

One trick I did was to plot to PDF. When the save file dialog appeared, I selected the cancel button.

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 9 of 10
rkmcswain

jseward123 wrote:

....... and now it opens fully expanded, even after closing and reopening AutoCAD.

It's been that way since they moved to this dialog in ~AutoCAD 2004. I still cannot think of any reason that PLOT and HATCH have a "hidden" set of settings like this.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 10 of 10
doben
in reply to: rkmcswain

@rkmcswain wrote:
 I still cannot think of any reason that PLOT and HATCH have a "hidden" set of settings 
This a bit off topic from the OP, but there are a few other default settings that have baffled me: For example, why is the default for PLINGEN 0? And why is it a setting in the first place? Or why are some of the default command aliases longer than the command name itself? Maybe for those who love typing?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost