AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Contributor
juliewaddell1075
Message 1 of 5 (386 Views)
Accepted Solution

Plot Styles

386 Views, 4 Replies
04-29-2013 10:08 AM

I received a drawing today that doesn't allow me to choose existing ".ctb" files.  Opening the "Plot style table (pen assignments)" from the Page Setup dialogue box.  I can choose "Start from scratch" , use a "CFG" file, or "Use a PCP or PC2" file".  I do not have any CFG files.  I usually use PCP in my "Plot" dialogue box for the plotter pull-down menu.

If you will, please tell me how to use my plot style "BRhalf.ctb" when plotting this drawing.  Also, I'd appreciate a "heads-up" on background information on this drawing's plot style options, vs. the plot style options on many other drawings I have plotted.

Sincerely,

JamJaws

Sincerely,

JamJaws31
Contributor
kpwilson
Message 2 of 5 (372 Views)

Re: Plot Styles

04-29-2013 11:04 AM in reply to: juliewaddell1075

Hi,

If you're used to always having your ctb files available to you in the plot style table and they arent there when you open this drawing, it may be an stb based drawing.  You can switch it to view and use the ctb files, but keep in mind, a plot style other than the one intended to be used when plotting that drawing will not give you the same output as was originially intended by the creator.  So, your individual plot style used to plot this drawing might give you funny lineweights, or at least not print as you would expect from one of your own drawings, if this is not a drawing you created.  The command to make the switch (to see your ctb files) is CONVERTPSTYLES.  Once you've run this you should see the ctb files you're used to as you have told AutoCAD in the past to look somewhere specific for your plot styles.

Hope that helps :smileyhappy:

Contributor
juliewaddell1075
Message 3 of 5 (362 Views)

04-29-2013 11:44 AM in reply to: kpwilson

This was a very thorough reply and I sure apprecite the answer.  Now I clearly understand when to change someone else's plot style or not.  Thank you!

Sincerely,

JamJaws31
Contributor
kpwilson
Message 4 of 5 (359 Views)

04-29-2013 11:52 AM in reply to: juliewaddell1075
Great! Glad I could help :smileyhappy:
dgadongale
Message 5 of 5 (149 Views)

01-02-2014 06:58 PM in reply to: kpwilson
I just experienced a very similar situation, your fix got me over the hump. Thanks for sharing.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube