Did you mean: 

Plot Issue with Excel OLE

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
862 Views, 9 Replies

Plot Issue with Excel OLE

If I plot directly to any of my ink jets the Excel OLE is reversed, white text and black (blob) background.  It eats up ink!!

If I plot to PDF then print from the PDF it works fine.  I use Excel OLE's a lot in my engineering drawings.  Note, this issue is not unique to V2014.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

R

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Are you plotting from modelspace or from layout?

Are your OLE objects inserted in modelspace or paperspace?

Are you working with black or with white background?

Have you tried to change your drivers to your printer/plotter?

Can you upload one of those files that has that issue?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Alfred,

Are you plotting from modelspace or from layout?  EITHER, SAME PROBLEM

Are your OLE objects inserted in modelspace or paperspace?  GENERALLY MODEL SPACE IN A VIEW PORT

Are you working with black or with white background?  WHITE

Have you tried to change your drivers to your printer/plotter?  YES, EXACT ISSUE WITH MULTIPLE PRINTERS, INK JET OR LASER

Can you upload one of those files that has that issue?  ATTACHED IS A STRIPPED DOWN VERSION THAT DEMONSTRATES THE PROBLEM.

I generally work from layouts, but I notice when I go to true Model space the background is black where the OLE's backbround is white with black text.  When I reversed them the problem is still there.

Unrelated, but I also notice that the plot and publish pop up in the lower right corner doesn't go away until I close it, how can I change this?

BTW, I moved to 2014 back in Sept and yesterday had to reinstall due to E-transmit issues that crashed 2014.

thanks!

R

ps

oops, in trying to add an attachment, I get the error message: "The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type".  What's this all about?

R

Message 4 of 10
Ajilal.Vijayan

Unrelated, but I also notice that the plot and publish pop up in the lower right corner doesn't go away until I close it, how can I change this?

If you are referring to this(see the image) , right click on the Plot Publish Icon and disable the balloon notification

Click Spoiler to see the image.

Spoiler
Plot.png

oops, in trying to add an attachment, I get the error message: "The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type".  What's this all about?

ZIP and attach the file.

Regarding the OLE plot issue , check this settings also

Click Spoiler to see the image.

Spoiler
OLE.JPG

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Ajilal.Vijayan

ajilal.vijayan,

"If you are referring to this(see the image) , right click on the Plot Publish Icon and disable the balloon notification

Click Spoiler to see the image."

Bingo, Thanks, got rid of that problem.

R

Message 6 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I get the error message: "The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type".

Either ZIP it and upload the ZIP file, or rename it to something like FILENAME.TXT (instead of FILENAME.DWG)

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Alfred,

Oh, didn't realise that.

R

Message 8 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

does it help if you disable the checkbox for "Plot transparency" in the plot-dialog (or pagesetup dialog)?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Alfred,

That did it!

Guess I will have to do something else than use transpancy when plotting.  Fortunately, I do not use it much.

Thanks!!

R

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

I usually use DWG TrueView to plot the drawing and it works fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost