Did you mean: 

Paper space objects and text hidden behind model space raster

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
srrc
6379 Views, 8 Replies

Paper space objects and text hidden behind model space raster

This is still a problem in 2015 and I may have found a workaround........

Add a new layout tab, copy the text and viewport from a base point from the affected layout tab and paste it into the new one.

I haven't found the exact cause but perhaps there is a setting in the background that is causing this on some layouts.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: srrc

Are you sure it's not just a screen display issue? REGENALL usually forces your video card to wake up and fix it. Post a DWG sample file with the problem if not.
Message 3 of 9
srrc
in reply to: pendean

I tried them multiple times but Regenall, display order and various commands (from previous posts of the issue) didn't work. I closed the drawing, shut down the computer and even exported the raster to a different file type. Still the text and dimensions remained hidden behind the image.

I thought it maybe something to do with the drafting setup standards but that didn't seem to make any difference.

Unfortunelty i've deleted the troublesome layouts and I can't replicate the issue in the drawing. If I come across it again i'll post it here.

Message 4 of 9
GrantsPirate

Make sure the viewport visual style is set to 2D, and try setting in options, System tab, Layout Regen Options, Regen when switching layouts.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 5 of 9
srrc
in reply to: GrantsPirate

I also tried both of those as well without any difference.

Copying and pasting the troublesome layout contents to a new layout did the trick so all good now.

Thanks all.

Message 6 of 9
eworden78

I have found the solution, not just a workaround.

In your Plot Settings or Page Setup you need to check "Plot paperspace last"

The reason the workaround worked, is because the New Layout created was created with default settings, which included "Plot paperspace last".

Hope this helps!

Message 7 of 9
o.otte

Hi!

I had the same problem today and I solved it that way : I just checked "Plot paperspace last" in the plot option of the paperspace! 

Hope it helps someone...

Oliver

Message 8 of 9
rachel.tevelow
in reply to: eworden78

This just helped me out! Thanks!
Message 9 of 9
Hassan2608

In "Plot-Model" or "Ctrl+P" , check "plot paperspace last".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost