Did you mean: 

Paper Space acting like Model Space

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sadusky
3430 Views, 4 Replies

Paper Space acting like Model Space

So my trainee has CAD2014 and he was working on model space, clicked back to paper space and all the title block information, viewports, images were gone!! I was upset, made him so it again thinking he mistakenly deleted everything. Now an hr later it happens again!! I can click on all the lines drawn in model space as if they were drawn in paper space. NO viewport activated. NO title block, NOTHING is there but what is drawn in model space but being able to be manipulated via paper space with no vieport is weird. What the heck is going on?? Any one know? I feel with CAD it's always a toggle or simple command I need to input. If anyone has any idea what the heck it is please let me know. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nrz13
in reply to: sadusky

It sounds to me like the viewport in the paperspace layout is unlocked and the drawing has been zoomed in beyond the viewport frame edges.  As a test, go to your paperspace layout, type -VPORTS (with the hyphen) and enter L (for Lock).  Then ZOOM EXTENTS.

If that isn't what's going on, perhaps you could post your drawing so we can get a better idea of the problem.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 3 of 5
sthompson1021
in reply to: sadusky

One other idea, he didn't happen to double click on the viewport border and activate VPMAX? 

Message 4 of 5
joannaGX6MC
in reply to: nrz13

Here I am in 2021 with the same problem. I searched and found your answer. It works!! Just wanted to say thanks!

Message 5 of 5

vpmax work for me civil3d 2023

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost