PROBLEM WITH COMMAND "FILLET"

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
benjanowitz
1185 Views, 17 Replies

PROBLEM WITH COMMAND "FILLET"

Hello everyone.

I'm having hard times facing these fillet problems

The fact is, I round some corners with the command Fillet, everything looks pretty good in the dwg file, but as soon as I export it to PDF, all the lines that I've "fillette-ed" look un-joined.

This dwg was given to me for my thesis, so I didn't draw it and I noticed that other lines (that I didn't make by myself) are having the same problem.

Screen Shot 2014-05-31 at 08.41.35.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-31 at 08.42.35.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-31 at 08.43.17.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-31 at 08.43.42.png

Please help me!!

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com! 

>> but as soon as I export it to PDF

I would not use _EXPORTPDF, I would run command _PLOT and use either DWG to PDF as printer (or my favorite alternative: PDFCreator).

Find attached my result based on your drawing.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 18

That's correct. I used the print path to export as a PDF 🙂
Message 4 of 18

Hi,

>> That's correct. I used the print path to export as a PDF

And what driver did you use?

If you look to my PDF does that look ok for you (just to make sure it's not a viewer problem).

And as you are working on AutoCAD for Mac, it might be a help for you to search in the forum >>>AutoCAD for Mac<<< 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 18
benjanowitz
in reply to: benjanowitz

I do exactly the same, but probably missing something in the general options, here you are a screenshot:

Screen Shot 2014-05-31 at 12.20.06.png

Message 6 of 18
benjanowitz

Thanks Alfred! Yes, I checked your pdf and seems ok!
Message 7 of 18
benjanowitz

I've opened the pdf file on Illustrator and it's pretty good. But still the arc line is not perfectly connected to the others or it seems to be...Am I right?

Screen Shot 2014-05-31 at 12.24.11.png

Message 8 of 18

Hi,

>> But still the arc line is not perfectly connected

From my PDF? Then I guess you have zoomed more than 400%

When I look to your screenshot (please notice I don't know the Mac version at all) I see you have set a Canon printer as plot-device. Is there no "PDF to DWG" device available in the Mac version of AutoCAD?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 18
rkmcswain

benjanowitz wrote:
.... But still the arc line is not perfectly connected to the others or it seems to be...Am I right?

That is so tiny, you'll never see it.

If it is truly important, set your PDF dpi to 4800

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 10 of 18

Hey, thanks Alfred!

Yes, I'm guessing I've zoomed too much and those lines were not joined toghether. Anyway...

I'm wondering if my problems are connected to a resolution thing.

Could you please post your settings in terms of

-Polyline curve segments;

-Arc & Circles smoothness;

Please?

And then, I'll do a REGEN to the draw and see what'll happen.

Regarding the plot question...

I'm using now a virtual printer instead the canon, but it seems not to work anyway.

I'm looking around to find a solution.

Thanks!

Message 11 of 18
rkmcswain
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

I would not use _EXPORTPDF, I would run command _PLOT and use either DWG to PDF.....

Care to elaborate?

As far as I can tell, they both use the same driver to produce the output file. What are the differences? Thanks

Message 12 of 18
rkmcswain

benjanowitz wrote:

.....I'm guessing I've zoomed too much and those lines were not joined toghether.

Could you please post your settings in terms of .......Polyline curve segments...Arc & Circles smoothness.......And then, I'll do a REGEN to the draw and see what'll happen.

Those settings, regens, etc., only affect the on-screen display and not printed output.

Message 13 of 18
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: rkmcswain

Hi,

>> Care to elaborate?

Experience 😉

Most time someone had problems with EXPORTPDF the alternative _PLOT worked.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 14 of 18

Looking through the rest of the file, I've noticed that's a big mess!

Look:

Screen Shot 2014-05-31 at 16.43.19.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-31 at 16.43.24.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-31 at 16.45.28.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-31 at 16.45.32.png

This is driving me I-N-S-A-N-E !

Message 15 of 18
pendean

MAC output to PDF relies on a system only option in that OS as you will find out soon with your post in that forum http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac-General/problem-export-pdf/td-p/5066702

Here in the Windows OS we have many more options and solutions to achieve better results. Sorry.
Message 16 of 18
rkmcswain

Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

Hi,

Experience 😉

Most time someone had problems with EXPORTPDF the alternative _PLOT worked.

I gathered that much. I'm asking for technical details as to why PLOT supposedly works when EXPORTPDF doesn't when they seem to be doing the same thing. Thanks

Message 17 of 18
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: rkmcswain

Hi,

>> I'm asking for technical details

Sorry to not have any proofed description why these two commands work sometimes different (at least similar to _PUBLISH and _PLOT).
It's really just learned from years of working with AutoCAD and support customers.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 18 of 18
rkmcswain

Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

......why these two commands work sometimes different (at least similar to _PUBLISH and _PLOT).

Interesting. I have not run across this, but it's entirely possible that nobody here is using EXPORTPDF too.

One thing I have noticed over the years is that publishing to PDF from SSM gives different results than publishing via the Publish command or just using PLOT

The latter seems to have problems with wipeouts, background masking, etc. (black boxes appear frequently but not all the time where these items should be), but when publishing from SSM, I have never seen this issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost