5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
CADEngr2014
317 Views, 5 Replies

PRESENTATION GRAPHICS

Hello,

I am using AutoCAD 2014.

I am looking for a small drafting application I can use for a presentation only, that would enable me to move a block inside a file with an aerial map.  The full version of AutoCAD/Civil3D is too large an aplication for our purposes.  Does anyone know what software there might be for this type of use?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: CADEngr2014

too large an application? what does that mean please.
Message 3 of 6
CADEngr2014
in reply to: pendean

A laptop without the memory requirements that is typical for Civil 3D and AutoCAD full version.

Message 4 of 6
ToanDN

What kind of block?
Message 5 of 6
CADEngr2014
in reply to: ToanDN

Just an autocad block.  I was wanting to make a KMZ file and use google earth, but of course, there is no edit capability in google earth.  So the ability to move things around is not an option.  We are needing this capability to discuss a few different plant site options during meetings, but the location and geometry would be based on conversation, not possible to plan in advance...

Message 6 of 6
pendean

Other than exploring cloud applications like AutoCAD360 or finding a tablet-OS based solution, it might be simpler to get a better laptop capable fo doing what you want with your existing software.

How much billable time and effort do you want to waste vs. the cost of a decent laptop? Think about it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost