AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Active Contributor
RFreund
Message 1 of 3 (733 Views)
Accepted Solution

PDFAttach - Line-weight / Shadding

733 Views, 2 Replies
08-24-2012 03:01 PM

If I attach a pdf or xref a pdf into a drawings is there a way to make the entire pdf a lighter line weight or have it as a 'faded' background?

Thanks in advance!

www.HowToEngineer.com
Contributor
JasonRuhl
Message 2 of 3 (728 Views)

Re: PDFAttach - Line-weight / Shadding

08-24-2012 08:48 PM in reply to: RFreund

After you XRef in the PDF, select the PDF, then this tab should pop up (Note: I only copied the left side of the tab:smileyhappy:

temp01.jpg

There should be a fade slider on the tab.

Alternately, a numerical value shows up on the properties tab under the heading "Underlay Adjust"... There's Contrast, (1-100) Fade (1-100), Monochrome (Yes / No) and Adjust Colours for Background (Yes / No), you could enter a value in the Fade field instead of using the slider.

There is no way I know of that you would be able to use to modify the actual lineweights of a PDF. In a vector based PDF with layers included (ie a PDF made using the DWG to PDF converter), you can turn off layers but I have not found a way to actaully modify their properties.

Active Contributor
RFreund
Message 3 of 3 (700 Views)

Re: PDFAttach - Line-weight / Shadding

08-27-2012 06:28 AM in reply to: JasonRuhl

Thanks, It seems fade is what I was looking for. When I fade the PDF it seems to print 'lighter' which is what I wanted. Basically I was drawing over the top of the pdf and wanted the pdf to be a lighter 'shade' as a background. 

www.HowToEngineer.com

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube