AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Contributor
phil
Message 1 of 11 (1,590 Views)

Osnap Tracking + Floating Commandline

1590 Views, 10 Replies
04-19-2012 09:49 AM

I've noticed some issues with Osnap tracking not working consistantly with a floating commandline.  It seems to happen especially when trying to track back along an object.

No problems whatsoever when commanline is docked.

Can anyone else confirm?

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 11 (1,581 Views)

Re: Osnap Tracking + Floating Commandline

04-19-2012 12:33 PM in reply to: phil

Hi,

>> I've noticed some issues with Osnap tracking not working consistantly with a floating commandline.  

>> It seems to happen especially when trying to track back along an object.

Can you describe what is this issue looking like? The words "some issues" and "It seems" is not enough (at least for me) to know what you get in another way as you think it should work .... and so what we should look for.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Message 3 of 11 (1,539 Views)

04-30-2012 07:14 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I have also noticed that when the command line is floating it causes problems.  If the command line is floating and you try to do anything without first moving your cursor it will not work on the first try.  Example: start the line command and without moving your cursor pick a point on your screen, it will not start the line.  After the first pick or moving the cursor a little everything works fine.  Also on osnaps: If you are hovering over a line and then control right click + e to do an end point selection it will not work on the first click unless you move the cursor a little. Very annoying when doing rotate or scale and using reference with same end point location without moving cursor.  Everything works perfectly fine when the command line is docked. Also if you start the line command and do not move crosshair and click a point in screen your crosshair will disappear until you move the cursor and the line will be wanting a start location.

*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 4 of 11 (1,532 Views)

04-30-2012 07:36 AM in reply to: michael

michael wrote:

start the line command and without moving your cursor pick a point on your screen, it will not start the line.  

Confirmed, and not acceptable.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 5 of 11 (1,525 Views)

04-30-2012 07:51 AM in reply to: michael

Hi,

>> If the command line is floating and you try to do anything without first moving your cursor

>> it will not work on the first try

...and...

>> Very annoying when doing rotate or scale and using reference with same end point location without moving cursor

Same as in 2012, so nothing new.

Not that I see that now as acceptable, but my question is more: have you ever put this info to the Autodesk-support?

For me it's not important as I have my commandline docked.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Message 6 of 11 (1,521 Views)

04-30-2012 08:06 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I didn't notice it in 2012 either because I had my comman line docked also.  Only noticed the problem when trying out the "new and improved" command line in 2013. I now have the command line docked for a work around.  I will submit a support request with autodesk so that maybe it will be corrected with the first service pack.

*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 7 of 11 (1,486 Views)

04-30-2012 01:39 PM in reply to: michael

Noticed something else, this is only a problem if DYNMODE = 0 or 2.

If DYNMODE = 1 or 3, this is not an issue.

Message 8 of 11 (1,460 Views)

05-01-2012 10:00 AM in reply to: rkmcswain

I have also noticed that it works fine when a command is entered and DYNMODE is = 1 or 3,

but if you want to continue the same command and just hit enter (without typing the same command) the problem still occurs.

This also is the case in any command you continue by hitting enter that ask for a selection, it will not select the item you are hovering over on the first click unless you first move your cursor a little.

OSNAPS: If you are already hovering near the end point of a line and the endpoint osnap is turned on it will snap to the endpoint with no problem when the line command is typed in. But if you hit enter to go back into line command again, the endpoint osnap will briefly show and disappear until you move the cursor.

All works properly if the command line is docked.

Message 9 of 11 (1,449 Views)

05-01-2012 12:49 PM in reply to: phil

This is the lastest email from Autodesk Support Team.

Thank you for choosing Autodesk Support. Your case has been documented and sent to our development team for investigation. The development team will try to reproduce your case and make an initial assessment.  We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve your inquiry. 

Message 10 of 11 (1,343 Views)

06-07-2012 10:41 AM in reply to: phil

Yes Indeed , and very thank"s for your message because I'se seeking the cause of this very disturbing bug !!Maybe the upcoming SP will Fix it

Cheers

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube