Offset Issue

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
doben
1299 Views, 2 Replies

Offset Issue

I've had this happen several times in the past:

I'm trying o offset a polyline. When I enter the value and drag the cursor to the side I want a small circle with a red border and diagonal line through it appears and won't let me offset. This was from a pline I had just offset  by a distance of 4.85. When I attempted to offset that pline by 1.5 it wouldn't work. I was however able to offset by 0.5 and then by 1.0 to achieve what I wanted. (I can also offset the original pline by 6.35) For some reason certain distances on some plines refuse to offset This is obviously a bug. Anyone else seen this? I'm using 2014.

As a test, I copy/pasted the pline to a new drawing and it still wouldn't offset by 1.5. I then move the pline to near 0,0 and it worked. I'm using real world coordinates of ~5,500,000 N and 500,000 E

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
braudpat
in reply to: doben

Hello from France

YES AutoCAD have some problems with Offset, Trim, Extend, etc when objects are very far from Zero, Zero

So the solution is to move objects near Zero, Zero, do the job and move back objects ...

Please look here :

http://www.cadalyst.com/cad/autocad/tip-autocad039s-big-problem-9005

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
doben
in reply to: braudpat

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the reply - the link you provided confirms what I've long suspected.

I just wish Autodesk would fix this once and for all.

Don

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost