Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Drive un-usable in AutoCAD 2014 (Win 8.1)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jharte
480 Views, 6 Replies

Network Drive un-usable in AutoCAD 2014 (Win 8.1)

Ladies and Gents,

I am currently using AutoCAD 2014 on a Windows 8.1 machine. CAD works just fine on the local machine, but when trying to access files on the network drive, there is a substantial delay (up to ten minutes) in the file loading. In addition, once finally opened, the file is laggy and unresponsive for minutes on end when a save is performed.

Files local to my machine open and can be worked in with no lag or problems.

Has anyone had this problem, and such, found a solution?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: jharte

What's the server OS? or "network drive" details?
Why not grab a freeware called PROCESS MONITOR and see what else your PC is doing: delays are about things happening behind the scenes. Find out.
Message 3 of 7
jharte
in reply to: pendean

Windows Server 2003

Netgear Switch (no more info on that at this time)

The PC itself does not lag when accessing files on the server.  In fact, while AutoCAD is lagging, the rest of the system is running as thought there is no issue.  

When I pull the desired file to my local machine, autocad works just fine.  I'm about 90percent sure this isn't a resource issue with the system itself, just something to do with AutoCAD talking with the network drive.

Message 4 of 7
braudpat

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

1) Have you the same problem with a PC on the same network with an ACAD 2014/2013/2012 on Win Seven or on Win XP Pro ?

If you have one !?

2) Have you tried to test on your Win 8.1 PC with all firewalls / anti-virus DISABLED ?

If no success ...

3) Can you do the same on the Network Server ? and IDEM the switch/router ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
jharte
in reply to: braudpat

1) The problem is not occuring on any of the other PCs on this network.  All PCs currently are running Win 8.1and are the same model purchsed within two months of one another.

2) Disabling the firewall on my local machine appears to have no effect.  I'm not permited to effect changes to the office router for fear of an adverse result to others. We are currently working on a deadline in the office and my computer being down is preferable to everyone be down.

3) Not permitted to effect changes to the switch.

Message 7 of 7
braudpat

Hello

Please run the "Windows Task Manager" simultaneously and look at the % processor utilisation BY Process !

Maybe you could find the "bad" process !? and identify a little bit the problem ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost