Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need assistance with recover .dwg file.?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jerome22lewis
501 Views, 4 Replies

Need assistance with recover .dwg file.?

This morning I tried to open an Autocad 2006 dwg file and I got a message saying that there was a problem with my file and that I had to try to recover it using the RECOVER command. 

When I did this, I got the following message: “Reading Handle 171763 Object type AcDbHatch. Error 13 (eUnknown handle) object discarded”. 

10 seconds later Autocad crashes! 

I noticed that the error had something to do with hatches so I tried to open my file partially leaving out my hatch layers. The problem is that when I try to open my file partially Autocad opens a new blank drawing and does not even open the window where I can choose my layers. Does anybody know of a way to recover my file or is it lost forever?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dmfrazier
in reply to: jerome22lewis

Are you able to post a copy of the DWG?

Another option is to try opening it in DWGTrueView, which may allow you to "convert" it to another format (such as DXF).

And, another option is to try inserting the DWG into another, empty DWG.

Message 3 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: jerome22lewis

If you have access to AutoCAD Map, another option is to attach the drawing and query in parts of it, like a few layers at a time.

If you have access to a non-Autodesk, AutoCAD clone, many times they lack the same auditing functions and will open the drawing OK. Then you can experiment with ways to get the data you need out of there.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 5
stamslivingston
in reply to: rkmcswain

I have downloaded the DWG true view 2013 software. File didn't open in it.

But still I am unable to open the file in the browser, I have also tried to set the permissive mode, but still its not opening in the browser, its get downloaded, then opens in Recovery Toolbox for DWG.

You may check its free demo herehttp://www.dwg.recoverytoolbox.com/

Message 5 of 5

if you have back file for this one than change that into dwg & use it sure it will work

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost