Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a DIMSTYLE - need text to be centered and running north and south.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
dp492lmc
727 Views, 7 Replies

Need a DIMSTYLE - need text to be centered and running north and south.

So i am doing some layout with some unistrut, they are spaced pretty close. i want to make a DIMSTYLE where the dimensions lines running east and west and the text is centered and flipped up north and has the mark on the dim line with the text following it. i want the text to be vertical and the dimensions to be horizontal. AND if possible, have a leader or line pointing to the center of the dim.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Patchy
in reply to: dp492lmc

Click on the dimension, go to PROPERTIES, flip the text 90 degees.

After that do match prop for the rest.

Message 3 of 8
dp492lmc
in reply to: Patchy

i did flip it 90 deg, BUT there is horizontal leader that follows it. i want it to be a straight line. right now its the straight line with the horizontal like...see the pic below.

Message 4 of 8
Patchy

I didn't use the leader so mine looks like this

Message 5 of 8
dp492lmc
in reply to: Patchy

well some of my struts are spaced 2" apart and if i use that way the text will crash into eachother. which is why i want to use leaders to stagger them.

Message 6 of 8
Patchy

I feel your pain but autocad dimensioning doesn't give users a lot of options.

I do structural detailing and had to manually type in the texts because there is no room to callout.

Message 7 of 8
hwalker

I know this is a crude workaround, but can you not use Patchy's suggestion with a line drawing from the centre of your dimensions, obviously you would have to alternate the length of the lines.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 8 of 8
nestly2

Try using a Dimstyle where the text alignment is "horizontal" and temporarily rotate the UCS if needed while placing the dimensions.

Dimstyle.gif

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost