Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My views are all messed up... my 3d model is tilted somehow.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1933 Views, 2 Replies

My views are all messed up... my 3d model is tilted somehow.

I was working on this project, and all of a sudden the lines i was drawing werent straight (it turned out the 3d model is tilted and so all the lines i draw are actually straight). Also my 3dorbit only rotates vertically. 

I really don't know how to fix this! The file is attached, someone PLEASE help, i have to hand it in tomorrow!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nestly2
in reply to: Anonymous

It appears as though the drawing was either started with a non-standard UCS, and/or it was rotated at some point.  I'm not sure which is more likely because it's very far from the WORLD origin.

One way to realign the model is to switch to the World Coordinate System (WCS) and use 3DALIGN command.  For visual effect, it may be easier to draw a temporary rectangle at the WCS origin for reference during 3DALIGN, but you can also just type in the destination points.

Message 3 of 3
nestly2
in reply to: nestly2

I don't know what the orientation of the floorplan is supposed to be, or it's relationship to the origin, but here's a demo showing how you may use 3DALIGN to realign the floorplan with the World Coordinate System (WCS) and move it near the origin at the same time.

Good luck

Watch in full screen mode for best results -->  http://www.screencast.com/t/i68CvJTh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost