AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

iceonfire1878
Message 1 of 2 (154 Views)

My viewports don't work

154 Views, 1 Replies
01-07-2013 09:10 AM

I am faily new to autocad but have passed two classes so evidently I know something...lol. For this class I have drawn my model and am trying to put it into viewports. I have followed the tutorials provided to the letter, but when I create the viewport nothing shows up. If anyone can help, please email me at Iceonfire1878@aol.com. My next assignment is due tomorrow...

*Expert Elite*
drjohn
Message 2 of 2 (152 Views)

Re: My viewports don't work

01-07-2013 09:14 AM in reply to: iceonfire1878

Create the MVIEW and then double-click inside of it to activate it (your cursor should now be inside of the view) and then ZOOM EXTENTS and you should see your model.

After that, (still inside the MVIEW viewport) zoom in on the area you want to detail in the MVIEW.  then double-click outside the viewport to deactivate it (the mview,that is) and select the mview border and set the scalefactor in the properties panel.

Regards,

DJ

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube