Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multileader block angle "Always right-reading" or "Keep horizontal"

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
troma
2097 Views, 4 Replies

Multileader block angle "Always right-reading" or "Keep horizontal"

These options are available for Mtext within a multileader, but not available for a block.  I would like to set up small blocks with a letter or two of text within a circle to use in multileaders, which would have these same options.  I'm very disappointed so far in all the options I've tried.  Ideally I would be able to then x-ref the drawing, and the blocks would show up at the right orientation in multiple viewports at multiple viewtwists.

1. Options not available by default.
  2. Cannot use an annotative block for a multileader.
  3. Annotative text within a non-annotative block doesn't seem to honour the 'Orient Text to Layout' option.
  4. Multileader with a block has no option to even set the block rotation in the Properties palate; only way I have found is to rotate the whole thing and then adjust the leader back to where it is meant to be.

I'm a newbie at this, so please tell me I've missed something.

Tmultileader block.PNG 

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: troma

If I understtod your quest... Change the 'attachment' option in the CONTENT tab from Center Extents to INSERTION POINT and your leader will follow the edge of the circle while your text remains the right-way up.

No landing of course.

Capture.PNG

Message 3 of 5
troma
in reply to: pendean

Thanks Dean, but they're already set to insertion point, sorry. Must be misunderstanding somewhere. What haven't I explained?

Mark Green

Message 4 of 5
KateMorricalTowne
in reply to: troma

Post a sample file.

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 5 of 5
troma
in reply to: KateMorricalTowne

Have a look through the layouts; my hope was to find a style that would display the right way for reading or always horizontal in all layouts.

This drawing was created with Civil 3D 2013.  Hope that doesn't mess you up.

Side note, I have found a solution for my situation using Civil 3D note labels, but that doesn't help anyone on this forum obvioulsly.  Also, the note labels don't have the cool abitlity of multileaders to add a leader, subtract a leader.  Multileaders would be nicer to work with in a few ways, but not if I can't get them to auto-rotate per viewport.

Thanks.

Mark Green

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost