Did you mean: 

Mtext - Seperation

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
453 Views, 5 Replies

Mtext - Seperation

All, I am having a weird issue with with mtexts in multiple drawings. When i click to edit the text it splits the text & in order to lose the split I have to delete the line of text & rewrite it. I have attached a video that shows the issue. Has anyone heard of this? Civil 3D 2013 https://www.dropbox.com/s/it9m7h9wyo729h4/Mtext%20Issue.mp4 Thanks All
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
murray-clack
in reply to: Anonymous

It looks like the MText object ha a column assigned to it.  What happens if you remove the column from it (via the Properties Manager)?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: murray-clack

Based on your thoughts I tried the following: I turned dynamic columns off on the text itself. I changed mtextcolumn variable to 0 and created a mtext & pasted the information in I created a new mtext, & verified the colums were off and then manually typed the information in I tried to use a non annotative text style vs an annotative text. All with no succsess.
Message 4 of 6
murray-clack

The only other thing I can think of is maybe try turning "auto numbering" off.  I remember having a piece of MText of general notes that went like this:

of.

Where the word "of" (or whatever it was, I can't remember) was being treated like an autonumber list.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: murray-clack

Murray, Thanks, that was it. For some reason it was treating it like a bullet or lettering.
Message 6 of 6
murray-clack

Glad I could help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost