Mouse pointer jumping outside of the view in model space

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
samu3
848 Views, 3 Replies

Mouse pointer jumping outside of the view in model space

Hello,

I am using AutoCAD 2014 with SP1 installed.

When working on a large drawing and needing to zoom close to geometry to grab onto it while my view is not perpendicular to one of the sides on the view cube (TOP, etc.), my mouse pointer and the actual pickbox become separated on the screen. See an example in pic MousePointer.jpg. I am unable to bring the pickbox up to the end of polyline, because the pointer is already outside of the view.

Also, when I try to snap on the end of the polyline with osnap endpoint to draw a line, there is some erratic behavior. The crosshairs jump under the end of the polyline, the autosnap marker is in the correct location (see pic MousePointer1.jpg), but when I click to start the line, it will actually start from the location shown by the crosshairs (see pic MousePointer2.jpg).

Has anybody else experienced this and have you found a solution?

Thanks,

Samu

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
zalant
in reply to: samu3

Can you post a sample DWG file here which exhibits the problem behavior? If so, please indicate which section of the drawing we should be looking at, and what all you're doing to get the graphical anomaly to occur.

Zac Travis
Message 3 of 4
Ajilal.Vijayan
in reply to: samu3

Is the SNAP(F9) mode is ON ?

Message 4 of 4
samu3
in reply to: Ajilal.Vijayan

Hi all,

And thank you for the replies. No, snap mode F9 is off.

I did realize what the problem was - geometry being too for from the origin. This is due to working in real world coordinates.

As soon as I temporarily moved my geometry near origin, everthing worked flawlessly.

Problem solved!

Samu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost