Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse Jumping/Glitch

30 REPLIES 30
Message 1 of 31
Anonymous
1266 Views, 30 Replies

Mouse Jumping/Glitch

I have done a lot of searching through previous mouse glitch related topics/threads and have come up with no solutions for my specific problem, so here we go:

-On AutoCAD 2013 using .dwg

-Mouse jumps around, is slow, and glitches

-Happens on exisiting drawings as well as blank, new drawings

-Just started to happen 2 days ago, i have had zero issues before then

-Using a Logitech M305 mouse

-When using touch pad mouse the glitching lightens up, but is still there

-On a Dell laptop using 64-bit Windows 7, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz with 8.00GB RAM (7.90GB useable)

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

30 REPLIES 30
Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I also tried the REGEN commands to no avail

Message 22 of 31
bryce.thelin

Try setting acad.exe to run as administrator and try setting UAC to "Never notify."

If that doesn't help, then I would try rebooting under a diagnostic startup.

This will disable just about all background processes so that we can see if you have another program or process that is conflicting with AutoCAD. Networking will be disabled, so if you have a network license for AutoCAD, be sure to borrow a license before doing the diagnostic startup. The commands are BORROWLICENSE and RETURNLICENSE. Here are the steps for a diagnostic startup:

1. On the keyboard, hold down the WINDOWS key and then hit R.
  2. In the Run window, type MSCONFIG and then click OK.
  3. Under the General tab, click on "Diagnostic startup."
  4. Under the Services tab, put a check in front of the the FLEXnet Licensing Service(s) (there could be two).
  5. Click OK and then click Restart when prompted.
  6. Turn off antivirus or internet security software if it has re-enabled itself.

If AutoCAD works okay now, then something has been disabled that was causing a conflict with it. To put the computer back to a normal startup, open up MSCONFIG again and click "Normal startup" under the General tab. Click OK and then Restart.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 23 of 31
pendean

Plug in a wired mouse.
Uninstall your mouse driver.
Let Windows run it: test AUTOCAD.
Message 24 of 31
Anonymous

Ok so this kinda worked.

I restarted in "selective startup" mode with "load system services" and "load startup items selected". Under the services tab I unchecked a few programs that do not need to be running such as skype updater, solidworks licenser, and teamviewer. After I opened up AutoCAD after restart it was a more simple version and there was NO glitchy mouse.

So then I closed everything out, selected to startup in "normal startup" and restarted the computer. After opening up AutoCAD the glitchy mouse returned. 

What could this mean?

Message 25 of 31
bryce.thelin

The selective startup turned something off that was causing the problem. I'm not sure exactly what you did. It doesn't sound like you did the diagnostic boot. Compare your current MSCONFIG setup to what you did before and see what is off. Something there will be the culprit.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 26 of 31
kadmonkee8
in reply to: bryce.thelin

enable hardware accelerator

Message 27 of 31
Anonymous

I have not been able to track down what setting was turned off during the selective startup as of yet.

I click diagnostic startup then apply. Under the Service tab I check both FLEXNet licensing service leaving all other services unchecked and hit apply. Going back to the General tab, it has automaitcally deselected Diagnostic Startup and has selected Selective Startup with Load system servies also selected, but Load Startup Items unselected. I clck OK and restart computer. 

This allows me to use CAD flawlessly. No issues at all. How would I go about narrowing down what program was prevented from booting that is causing the issues when the computer is started normally?

Message 28 of 31
bryce.thelin

Now that we know AutoCAD works good under a diagnostic startup, then test a selective startup following these steps:

1. On the keyboard, hold down the WINDOWS key and then hit R.
  2. In the Run window, type MSCONFIG and then click OK.
  3. Under the Services tab, at the bottom of the window put a check on "Hide All Microsoft Services" and then click "Disable All."
  4. Under the Services tab, put a check in front of the the FLEXnet Licensing Service(s) (there could be two).
  5. Under the Startup tab, click "Disable All."
  6. Click OK and then click Restart when prompted.
  7. Turn off antivirus or internet security software if it has re-enabled itself.

If the mouse cursor still works good now, then go back into MSCONFIG and turn on all the services (leaving all startup items off), click OK and then reboot and test AutoCAD. This will tell you if it is a service or a startup item that is the conflict. You can then go down the list of your services or startup items, turn on one, reboot, test AutoCAD, repeat. Eventually you will turn on the culprit, and then you can decide either to leave it off or look for an update for it that might let it work better with AutoCAD, or maybe set it to run as administrator so it's on the same "level" as AutoCAD.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 29 of 31
Anonymous

Cool. Thanks. Ill give it a go tmrw when i have more time. That will take a while. haha
Message 30 of 31
braudpat

Hello

Just a stupid idea : a Virus can slow down your mouse or its driver !?

or the Interrupt used by the mouse driver ...

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 31 of 31
johan838

To those like me who tried every solution, to no avail:

If you use a mouse that has both a wired and a wireless mode (like the razer mamba)
Make sure your mouse is directly attatched to your pc before booting up your pc.

After that, the jumping and skipping in the viewport  won't return even if you switch the mouse to wireless.

Edit: it seems like this only needs to be done once, Booting my pc with the mouse in wireless mode no longer seems to bring back the issue

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost