AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

daydreamblighter
Message 1 of 7 (614 Views)
Accepted Solution

Mouse Drift

614 Views, 6 Replies
11-03-2012 12:56 PM

We're using AutoCAD 2013 via a Citrix XenApp server. We have a strange issue where the pointer continues to drift for a few seconds when rapidly drawing lines. This makes it very hard to draw with any speed because we have to keep waiting for the pointer to stop moving.

We've already followed the guidelines here, but they made no noticeable difference. The XenApp server has plenty of spare CPU and RAM.

Any ideas how we can stop this happening?

Valued Mentor
bgingerich
Message 2 of 7 (589 Views)

Re: Mouse Drift

11-05-2012 10:51 AM in reply to: daydreamblighter

Does it only happen in AutoCAD?  or can this be seen in any other application if the mouse is moved quickly?  Might be a setting for your pointer in the OS. 

(if ("mysolution"=answer) then (click "Accept As Solution"))
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
daydreamblighter
Message 3 of 7 (585 Views)

11-05-2012 11:20 AM in reply to: bgingerich
It only happens in AutoCAD. We just had an issue this evening. where the mouse/cursor went berserk and took 2-3 minutes to move an object in a single command with the object and cross hairs just constantly flickering. It wouldn?t let me pan or zoom, cancel or escape, nor go to another program/window. I regenerated the drawing but that made no difference. All the performance stats for the server look perfectly fine.
ajstadlin
Message 4 of 7 (517 Views)

12-03-2012 06:49 PM in reply to: daydreamblighter

I'm having the same problem in ACAD2012.

If the mouse is not absolutely perfect, ACAD magnifies the problem.  For example, if I click on a the drawing, then type the command "move" and hit enter, the mouse will move either down and to the left 1 inch or up and to the right 1 inch.  I have tried 2 different laser mice so far and they both behave the same way.  It really impedes productivity.  I would really like to know if someone finds a solution.

daydreamblighter
Message 5 of 7 (502 Views)

12-04-2012 03:14 AM in reply to: daydreamblighter

We have solved this issue. The root cause was the use of the Desktop Viewer utility to launch the XenApp published desktops. We disabled Desktop Viewer by editing the webinterface.conf file on the Citrix Web Interface server. (See Citrix blog post here: http://blogs.citrix.com/2011/03/03/enabling-desktop-viewer-for-xenapp/).

Now we can run AutoCAD LT 2013 on XenApp 6.5 with all of the graphics-intensive AutoCAD features enabled. It runs perfectly. We've raised this as a bug with Citrix.

ajstadlin
Message 6 of 7 (484 Views)

12-04-2012 07:50 AM in reply to: ajstadlin
My mouse drift issue was resolved by disabling the touchpad integrated in my Dell laptop and only using a mouse. After closer observation, I noticed the problem was happening a little without AutoCAD running - and without the mouse being connected. However, when running AutoCAD with a mouse the problem got magnified. Since I rarely use the touch pad when working in AutoCAD, I can live with turning off the touch pad in the laptop's BIOS when not in use. Unfortunately turning the touchpad OFF using the Dell touchpad drivers did not work. For me, it turned out to not really be an AutoCAD issue. However, it is interesting that this problem happens in systems without touchpads.
kcover
Message 7 of 7 (429 Views)

12-13-2012 07:12 AM in reply to: daydreamblighter

We have had this issue as well.  We are having issue with being able to use the center wheel as a pan (single click) and zoom extents (double click) when using ACAD 2013 as an application or on the citrix desktop.

Any idea for this?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube