Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Space to Paper Space

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
kulfi
7792 Views, 9 Replies

Model Space to Paper Space

Can we shift any object from Model Space to Paper Space.

Thanks

Kulfi
Electronics Engineer

Pind Saudi Arabia

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Sy88
in reply to: kulfi

There's a command under 'Modfiy' called 'Change Space', defualt entry command is chspace.

Message 3 of 10
kulfi

While you are in Model Space, Can you Apply.

thanks

Kulfi
Electronics Engineer

Pind Saudi Arabia

Message 4 of 10
Sy88

Double click in your viewport while you're in paperspace, this will allow you to access things in model space from paperspace and you can use the command from there.

Message 5 of 10
Sy88
in reply to: Sy88

Type 'PS' or double click outside your viewport to get back to normal paperspace.

Message 6 of 10
nestly2

@Kulfi wrote:

While you are in Model Space, Can you Apply.

thanks

Initiate the command from whichever "space" the objects currently reside.  In other words, to move objects from Modelspace to Paperspace, you need to have the viewport into Modelspace active when you start the CHSPACE command

Message 7 of 10
sthompson1021

One side note to this topic, with MTEXT items you can not use columns which I found out the hard way a couple of days ago.Smiley Mad

Message 8 of 10
joeyrooker06

I installed AutoCAD 2015 last week and imported my settings from 2014. i no longer have the tabs at the bottom of the page that allowed you to switch between model space and paper space. If i have a mview created there is a button that just takes me into the mview window but that is it. So how do i get back the tabs to switch between model and paper space in 2015?

Message 9 of 10
jggerth1
in reply to: joeyrooker06

Options command, display tab, make sure the "Display Layout and Model tabs" item is checked.  

Message 10 of 10
joeyrooker06
in reply to: jggerth1

thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost