Missing or corrupt display driver

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
3003 Views, 11 Replies

Missing or corrupt display driver

autocad.jpg

Q: Did you search before posting this topic ?

A: Yes

Q: Did you try all the fixes/soultions suggested in those topics  ?

A: Yes

Q: Specifically what did you try ?

A: Uninstalled autocad 2014 x64 using revo uninstaller > deleted registry keys associated with autodesk > Downloaded fresh copy of autocad x64 for win7 > Installed and repeated this 3 times still didn't work.

Q: Are you really on a 64-Bit computer ?

A: Yes (Core i5 x64)

Any one has a working solutiong for this problem ? Please Smiley Sad

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

1 kudo for "how to ask in a forum" +++

Well, what graphic card do you have, have you verified it's driver is up-to-date?

And what operating system do you have?

When you start command _3DCONFIG ==> manual tune ==> can you make a screenshot of this dialog and upload it here?

If you don't have a chance to start AutoCAD you might take the step to prepare a AutoCAD start-icon and add the parameter to not start with hardware-acceleration (parameters to find: /nohardware >>>click<<<).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

@Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

If you don't have a chance to start AutoCAD you might take the step to prepare a AutoCAD start-icon and add the parameter to not start with hardware-acceleration (parameters to find: /nohardware >>>click<<<).

- alfred -

Those two golden lines worked for me. I thank you for your time, effort and flawless solution.

I found out that this happened only with my laptop, whereas autocad 2014 installed flawlessly on my desktop.

My laptop (Dell Inspiron 15R SE 7520) has switchable graphics AMD Radeon 7750M (latest drivers) which was causing the problem I guess.

Thanks again 🙂

Message 4 of 12
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

just to make sure: you are now working without hardware-acceleration. If that is ok for you now, then ok, I would investigate why that problem raised as the speed (depending on what type of graphics you are working with, more 2D or more 3D) may be really slow compared to the accelerated version.

Let us know if you want to dive deeper into it 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 12
nestly2

Wow!   That may be the most awesome first post I've ever seen.   Kudos to both of you for being extremely thorough. 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

@Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

Hi,

just to make sure: you are now working without hardware-acceleration. If that is ok for you now, then ok, I would investigate why that problem raised as the speed (depending on what type of graphics you are working with, more 2D or more 3D) may be really slow compared to the accelerated version.

Let us know if you want to dive deeper into it 😉

- alfred -

Yes I'd like to know whether its possible to start autocad without using /nohardware. As of know its working slow and lagging a bit.

@nestly2 wrote:

Wow!   That may be the most awesome first post I've ever seen.   Kudos to both of you for being extremely thorough. 

Thanks 🙂

Message 7 of 12
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Yes I'd like to know whether its possible to start autocad without using /nohardware.

>> As of know its working slow and lagging a bit

Ok, first I would check that the hdi-file mentioned really exists.

Second option is that on the installation-medium (of AutoCAD) find the DirectX-setup and rerun that exe (with option "as administrator" and with disabled antivirus-software)

Third option is to verify if you have two graphiccards active, AMD and Intel-HDxxxx one (in the second generation i5 or i7), if so try to disable the Intel one (in most cases to be done in BIOS, but depends on hardware vendor)

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

Ok, first I would check that the hdi-file mentioned really exists.

Second option is that on the installation-medium (of AutoCAD) find the DirectX-setup and rerun that exe (with option "as administrator" and with disabled antivirus-software)

Third option is to verify if you have two graphiccards active, AMD and Intel-HDxxxx one (in the second generation i5 or i7), if so try to disable the Intel one (in most cases to be done in BIOS, but depends on hardware vendor)

Tried first and second option - didn't work;

Here's my build;

Intel HD Graphics.jpgdell2.jpg

As you see thats my build with two gfx cards:

1) Intel HD Graphics 4000

2) AMD Radeon HD 7730M

Now this being a laptop cant be configured to use one gfx card and shut down the other, it uses "AMD switchable graphics" technology, maximum what I can do is set acad.exe to be run at higher performance

which will make it use AMD gfx card for autocad.

But the question that arises is autocad doesn't require AMD radeon right ? as it supports any average gfx card which has Direct3d compatibility.

dell3.jpg

Message 9 of 12
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> But the question that arises is autocad doesn't require AMD radeon right ? as it supports any average gfx card

>> which has Direct3d compatibility.

Nearly every gc is faster than the Intel one and that is the reason why I suggest to use the AMD one and not the Intel one (besides of compatibility problems with Intel).

If you set the AMD to be used for AutoCAD ==> could you now start AutoCAD (without disabling the hardware acceleration)?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

@Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

Hi,

>> But the question that arises is autocad doesn't require AMD radeon right ? as it supports any average gfx card

>> which has Direct3d compatibility.

Nearly every gc is faster than the Intel one and that is the reason why I suggest to use the AMD one and not the Intel one (besides of compatibility problems with Intel).

If you set the AMD to be used for AutoCAD ==> could you now start AutoCAD (without disabling the hardware acceleration)?

- alfred -

No, without adding /nohardware autocad wont launch, it gives me the missing .hdi error mentioned in the first post.

Message 11 of 12
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

if you login to your system with another (new) user-account (having admin-permissions), do you get the same error when starting AutoCAD too?

If so I ran out of ideas (at the moment), sorry!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

@Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

Hi,

if you login to your system with another (new) user-account (having admin-permissions), do you get the same error when starting AutoCAD too?

If so I ran out of ideas (at the moment), sorry!

- alfred -

Tried that one too, but gives the same error no change at all. Thanks anyway 🙂 at least I can use it with /nohardware.

Reagards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost