Did you mean: 

Migration from ACAD 2010 to 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bijanh2
230 Views, 3 Replies

Migration from ACAD 2010 to 2013

Hello Friends,

I am facing with an issue which basically arised after I changed my 2010 CAD to 2013. I recently hired in a company which were using 2010 CAD for years while the had 2013 licences available, however, because they somebody has costomised it before for 2010 they were afraid of migrating to 2013 and their customization does not work, which is exactly what happened after I migrated to 2013. 

The customization was for custom line type, text, layers, symbols, and number of libraries for different diciplines (architectural, mechanical, etc.). After I migrated, everything is working with the exception of items in library table, which when I try to select the block from library, it does not insert the block and gives me the error message  "; error: bad argument type: stringp nil"  sometimes it says "Invalid block name". It looks like there is a problem with finding the blocks.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bill 

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

How are they being inserted, i assume through a LISP? and can you post the some of the code?
Message 3 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: bijanh2

Could be as simple as adding the proper search paths.  But there may be other issues, especially if DLL or ARX files are involved.

One more argument for good program documentation which details what the program does (and doesn't) do, what its expecting, where it should find settings and data, and so on.  Its not as cool as writing the code but essential when it comes time when migrating.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: bijanh2

"; error: bad argument type: stringp nil"
That means the lisp being called is missing something, or parts of what it calls are not compatible with 2013 (as noted above).

sometimes it says "Invalid block name"

That just means AutoCAD can't find your block: did you actually place the path of all your blocks into AutoCAD's search paths? Or at least check them? Unless your code is looking for a very exact location that no longer exists, that could also be the problem.

Hope you can provide all this needed info for remote assistance: like you we don't know much about how things were set up previously. But you're in the perfect position to dig and find out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost