AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

jameyaucoin2658
Message 1 of 4 (1,121 Views)

Migrating CUI From AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 to Standard AutoCAD 2013

1121 Views, 3 Replies
06-04-2012 05:59 AM

I have a custom profile set up in ACAD Mech 2013 and I would like to import it into ACAD 2013.  When I try to import the profile to ACAD 2013 I get an error that ACAD can't load file or assembly 'AmMgdlnterop.dll' or one of its dependencies and then the program can't continue.  What am I doing wrong?

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 4 (1,114 Views)

Re: Migrating CUI From AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 to Standard AutoCAD 2013

06-04-2012 08:36 AM in reply to: jameyaucoin2658

Hi,

I would not do that as the profile from Mech has a lot of other (more) functionality than AutoCAD has. They are not compatible in that direction.

You also can't use the commands from the CUIX from Mech within plain AutoCAD. So the question is: why do you like to transfer the profile between two different product-types?

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
jameyaucoin2658
Message 3 of 4 (1,113 Views)

06-04-2012 08:39 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I am having problems with dimensining.  When I use annotative dimensions, power dimensions take over and in paper space will often give distances in Paper Space instead of scaling them.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 4 (1,111 Views)

06-04-2012 08:45 AM in reply to: jameyaucoin2658

Hi,

>> I am having problems with dimensining

So you uninstalled Mech and installed plain AutoCAD? Then you loose a lot of other functionality also, not just dimenstions :smileywink:

>> When I use annotative dimensions, power dimensions take over and in paper space

>> will often give distances in Paper Space instead of scaling them.

If you have problems with wrong dimension-value look into the >>>forum for Mech<<< is a help for you and your problem. I can't imagine that a dimensional problem is a common problem, but search in Mech-forum and if you don't find anything ask there for getting help to that.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube