Did you mean:Ā 

Migrate Profiles requires that AutoCAD LT 2000 or a later

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2465 Views, 8 Replies

Migrate Profiles requires that AutoCAD LT 2000 or a later

Hello everyone I am trying to use the "migrate from a previous releaseā€ tool but I get this message: "Migrate Profiles requires that AutoCAD LT 2000 or a later version be installed on your system."

I have AutoCAD 2011 installed and I just installed 2014 and trying to migrate all my settings or as many as possible. I have both versions installed why do get this error?

Any help is much appreciated

I searched this forum for an answer but nothing useful came up.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

LT only migrates to/from LT, AutoCAD only migrates to/from AutoCAD: are both your 2011-2014 one or the other program? No mixing allowed.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

OOOHHH thank you. You are right it makes sense now. i have autocad 2011 and i am migrating to 2014 LT.

thanks again

Message 4 of 9
JomacTMD

Hello Dean, I'm getting that same error message but I have autocad design suite 2016 on the machine. I am trying to migrate settings from another machine with design suite 2015. I also checked the machine with design suite 2015 loaded on it and when I go to migrate from a previous release I get the same error message. Clicking OK on the error just makes the error box disappear then nothing else happens. What am I doing wrong here. Thanks in advance for your help. Joe
Message 5 of 9
JomacTMD
in reply to: JomacTMD

I meant same error accept mine says Autocad 200 or later
Message 6 of 9
pendean

There is no single-application "suite" sadly, each is a bundle of individual applications: AFAIK you will need to individually migrate each of the 2016 software from each of the 2015 software, one at a time.

The error message simply means you tried to migrate the new 2016 software from the wrong 2015 software.
Message 7 of 9
JomacTMD

Hi Dean, I am not trying to migrate the suite. I am simply running the migration tool within the autocad 2016 folder in the programs list. This is the first message I get when I click migrate from a previous version. It does it on both systems one with 2015 and one with 2016. Thanks, Joe
Message 8 of 9
pendean

Joe, try this method (top one) instead of doing so from inside R2016: ensure all AutoCAD versions are closed first http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...
Message 9 of 9
JomacTMD

Hi Dean, That is what I'm doing. As soon as I click on the migrate custom settings program I get the error. Autocad is closed when trying. Thanks, Joe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost