Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menu delays after installing service pack 1 for AutoCAD 2014

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
CraigP_
469 Views, 8 Replies

Menu delays after installing service pack 1 for AutoCAD 2014

We are experiencing delays of up to 2 seconds waiting for the menu (menu bar) and the "shift/Ctrl right click" (osnaps) to display.

The "right click" menu displays instantly both with and without objects highlighted.
Is anyone else seeing this?

Craig
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: CraigP_

Hi,

I have not seen any differences after installing SP1, but from the past I remember that sometimes disabling hardware-acceleration, then quit AutoCAD, restart it, reactivate the hw-acceleration was helpful.

Otherwise (if you have not done to much customization) a reset of the AutoCAD profile (to be found in the Windows start menu) might be worth for a trial.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9
CraigP_
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi Alfred,

Thanks for the suggestions, I tried changing the hardware acceleration without success but will hold off on resetting the profiles for the time being.

We are having this issue on 7 PC's (4 AutoCAD and 3 AutoCAD LT's) << forgot to mention this on the original post.

Craig
Message 4 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> but will hold off on resetting the profiles for the time being

You can avoid to do that for testing, but an option to test the situation is to login with a new user-account onto Windows and start AutoCAD then.

If it's a new user the AutoCAD profile is created newly, same like resetting it. So you can test it in that way.

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 9
mxzmus77

I am also having this same issue after installing sp1. First it was about a 2 second delay but now it is longer. It is getting to be very annoying. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (4)
Message 6 of 9
mxzmus77
in reply to: mxzmus77

I thought I would try the installation repair option located in the program uninstaller. This seems to have helped with the delay. I will update here if anything changes. If the problem persists, I will then just reinstall the program.

Tags (2)
Message 7 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

have you tried my tips from my posts?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 8 of 9
mxzmus77
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

No, not yet. Is the hardware acceleration an Autocad option or a video card driver option?

Thank you.

Message 9 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> No, not yet.

Why not? Sorry, I don't understand why anyone asks a question when some answers/suggestions are already available (at least worth to be tried).

A forum is primary a place to search for answers ... and only if I don't find any answer that solves the question I have the additional option to ask (not first ask and let others search for you).

>> Is the hardware acceleration an Autocad option or a video card driver option?

AutoCAD command _3DCONFIG ==> manual tune (or the toogle in the status bar, lower right of the AutoCAD application window).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost