Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring tool

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ThreePigs
328 Views, 7 Replies

Measuring tool

My measuring tool is giving me incorrect measurments some of the time and correct ones other times.

Incorrect measurements are very large, in the vasitnity of 10 times bigger than the actual but not exactly 10 times bigger so its not a unit issue.

How do i fix this. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
3wood
in reply to: ThreePigs

Can you upload a sample drawing so we can have a better idea of what happened?

Message 3 of 8
ThreePigs

Please find drawing attached, the incorrect measurments occur with some lines and not others almost like they have a different reference point

Message 4 of 8
3wood

I am not sure which lines have the problem. The Z value of start point and end point of some lines are not at 0.

You can fix this problem first then chech the distance again.

Message 5 of 8
ThreePigs
in reply to: 3wood

please explain how to do this

Message 6 of 8
3wood

I have fixed the Z elevation problem for you. Please check attached drawing and see of the distance problem still exists.

Message 7 of 8
ThreePigs
in reply to: 3wood

Hi

It appears as though you have fixed the error although the place where the error was is now reading the correct measurement but to 3 decimal places.

Is there any chance you can explain how to fix the issue as i have already made significant changes to the file I posted and incase if happens again I would like to know how ro resolve the issue myself. 

Message 8 of 8
3wood

You can either try FLATTEN command in Express Tools or attached CHZ20.vlx to fix Z elevation problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost