Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MULTILEADER TEXT STYLE

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
5032 Views, 5 Replies

MULTILEADER TEXT STYLE

So I am having issues with the appearence of the text in multileaders when the MTEXT is converted to a block.

Please see the attached file.

The font reverts to ARIEL (standard style) no matter what I set it up as. What am I doing wrong?

I wish the Properties allowed you some control over Text style when the Block option is selected.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
doben
in reply to: Anonymous

The block used in your multileaders, "TagCircle" uses the style "Standard" as its font. You can insert the block into your drawing, open it with "BEDIT" then change the font to what you want via "properties". I'd suggest using "saveas" while in the block editor to give the block a new name or to create variations.

Hope this helps. 

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 6
pendean

"Reverts" in the same file? Or as you use it in other files?
If in the same file, what is the trigger so we can reproduce it?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

"Reverts" is maybe a poor word choice. If you open the attached file, you will see what I mean. The default text style is of course Ariel. I can set a new style and the Multileaders will reflect the application/selection of the new style. As soon as I make the multileader display a "balloon", the text style goes back to Airel, no matter what the current style is, or what it was before I made a new leader style to display the "balloon" option.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: doben

Thanks for the insight...however this seems to me like an odd way of working with these leader blocks, like someone at Autodesk never quite finished the coding to make this work correctly... All I am trying to do is make the leaders end with a "balloon," as you would get in Inventor, or Solidworks. The block I selected to replace the Mtext is one of the standard options that comes with AutoCAD, not something custom that I made myself. I find it odd that neither the MultiLeader Style daiglog box nor the Change Properties command has an option to allow to you change/select the text style within the block. Oh well, maybe in AutoCAD 2016?

Message 6 of 6
pendean

MLEADERs with blocks are just that: BLOCKs have their own style settings and MLEADER command will not override them no matter what you set MLEADERSTYLE's text choice to be. Is that your problem, you're not editing/altering EVERY block you use with MLEADER?

Reread the first reply above on how to edit blocks.

As for your sample file, you have 8 total MLEADERSTYLEs and not all of your text-only Mleaders are the same style setting and some even have STYLE overrides within the Mleader (another common mistake that is painful to fix later).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost