AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Active Contributor
kevin
Message 1 of 17 (5,110 Views)

MOVE Command issues - 2013 and 2012 - Full version and LT

5110 Views, 16 Replies
06-19-2012 07:33 AM

Using the MOVE command....

When prompted, I select the objects that I desire to move...

After the selection is finished - I press the enter key

AutoCAD ask for the base point - I select a base point (sometimes using an osnap, sometimes just a random point)

When prompted for the second point - I either use an osnap (It happens with them all but I most frequently use - Endp, Midp, Perp, Int) or use ortho drag and enter a distance manually - to select the "move to point".  Instead of the command using the second point that I've selected as the final move point - it relocates the first "base point" to the location of my "move to" point.

To finally get the command to move to the right location, I can then type "@0,0" and it will snap to the new "second base point" and finish the command.  However, sometimes I even have to enter this 2-3 times before it works.

This is REALLY frustrating and all of the designers in my fortune 500 company are experiencing this same glitch.  I've been tasked with finding the solution.  Typing @0,0 is a simple work around but not a solution.

Sometimes I've picked the same location over and over again and after 5-10 attempts - it will finally accept the second move point and finish the command.

Can't attach a dwg as it is confidential information but I can tell you it happens in small drawings and large drawings - but not all the time.  Everything we draw is with dynamic blocks (except the simple line work) and don't know if that might be the issue???

We do NOT have the problem if we use dynamic move grips - just the move command.

EVERY designer is having this issue - regarless if they are using a standard wheel mouse or a Logitech G700.

We've expereinced this issue with 2012 and now with 2013 - both full versions and LT seats.

Thanks for your help!

Active Contributor
kevin
Message 2 of 17 (5,104 Views)

Re: MOVE Command issues - 2013 and 2012 - Full version and LT

06-19-2012 08:09 AM in reply to: kevin

Just happened again...

Copy and Paste of Command Line:

Command: M MOVE Select objects: 1 found

Select objects: 1 found, 2 total

Select objects: 1 found, 3 total

Select objects: 1 found, 4 total

Select objects: Specify opposite corner: 6 found, 10 total

Select objects: Specify base point or [Displacement] <Displacement>:

Specify second point or <use first point as displacement>: 48

@0,0

*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 3 of 17 (5,099 Views)

06-19-2012 08:24 AM in reply to: kevin

Are you starting the move command from a ribbon or toolbar or from the command line?  I am wondering if the move command has been modified on the ribbon.  Try useing .move command from the command line instead.  Also turn DYN off to eliminate any problems with dynamic input.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
Active Contributor
kevin
Message 4 of 17 (5,094 Views)

06-19-2012 08:39 AM in reply to: GrantsPirate

Move from the command line (I'm old school R10 forward guy - so no ribbon for me)...  Dynamic Input off as well...

When I drag the objects using Ortho mode - I just enter the distance at the command line as I have for years.

Thanks for your interest in my issue

Active Contributor
JF_005
Message 5 of 17 (5,084 Views)

06-19-2012 09:33 AM in reply to: kevin

Thank for the temporary solution Kevin. :smileyhappy: This bug is really getting on my nerves. :smileyfrustrated: AutoCAD seems to have more and more problems with keyboard/mouse events and user interaction.

I noticed for me that  this bug seems to happen more often when AutoCAD tries to regenerate the entities of the jig (preview drawing) while the cursor is moving for the second point request. As if the jig regeneration had priority over keyboard/mouse entry. If I wait for the jig to completely show the Move/Copy preview, then the bug don't show. Maybe it's my graphic card that is not powerful enought, but still, it doesn't make any sense that some keyboard or mouse entry are not processed properly.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 6 of 17 (5,074 Views)

06-19-2012 10:03 AM in reply to: JF_005

jig?

Have to changed the hardware acceleration settings in AutoCAD yet?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Active Contributor
JF_005
Message 7 of 17 (5,069 Views)

06-19-2012 10:21 AM in reply to: pendean

The “Jig” means the drawing preview made from the entities you want to move / copy / rotate / scale / … It’s a term I saw in some AutoCAD programming threads about how to draw your own “Jig” to use in your custom AutoCAD commands programmed in .NET.

My hardware acceleration is now “ON”. So far I don’t have the bug yet…

Active Contributor
kevin
Message 8 of 17 (5,059 Views)

06-19-2012 11:24 AM in reply to: JF_005

I'm running a new HP Z400 w/ 16 gig RAM, Xeon 6 core 3.33Ghz processor with Nvidia Quadro2000 Video card - and only work in 3D.... Shouldn't have a processing issue but something is up.

I've adjusted some snap settings and I'll see if that helps.

I'll report back through the day as it happens...

I'll also try to let it regen the preview if it happens again.

Active Contributor
kevin
Message 9 of 17 (5,047 Views)

06-19-2012 01:03 PM in reply to: kevin

Still doing it...  Trying to create a drawing with our dynamic blocks but not the confidential side of stuff so others can test it out...  No luck on getting it to work.

There's another thread in LT were someone was having the same issues - This has to be an AutoCAD glitch and not just a random isolated issue.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Active Contributor
kevin
Message 10 of 17 (5,039 Views)

06-19-2012 02:23 PM in reply to: kevin

Here's a zip file containing a MP4 of the issue....

Here's a Copy Paste of the commands during the video...

Command: m MOVE Select objects: Specify opposite corner: 5 found

Select objects: 1 found, 6 total

Select objects: Specify opposite corner: 8 found (2 duplicate), 12 total

Select objects: Specify base point or [Displacement] <Displacement>: Specify second point or <use first point as displacement>: Command: m MOVE Select objects: p 12 found

Select objects: Specify base point or [Displacement] <Displacement>: endp of Specify second point or <use first point as displacement>: perp to Command: m MOVE Select objects: p 12 found

Select objects: Specify base point or [Displacement] <Displacement>: endp of Specify second point or <use first point as displacement>: perp to

You can see - I only have 12 items selected (all dynamic blocks with attributes and Block Property Tables) - and the problem occurs using osnaps and just clicking without using osnap...  It's like it's getting a "from" osnap instead of a second base point.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube