MATCHPROP Changing All Adjacent Objects

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1317 Views, 2 Replies

MATCHPROP Changing All Adjacent Objects

Hey There!

We recently upgraded to Acad 14 and experiencing some issues with the "MatchProp" command. No matter the layer or type of object destination, unselected nearby objects are being effected when the command is used. This is occuring in new and old drawings.

For example, in the attached photo, pictured left is two polyline squares and two hatches; all on different layers. When the center solid hatch pattern is selected, with a destination to match the pinstrip hatch, the outcome is the group to the right. Even though the hatch patterns were the only items selected all lines and hatches now share the same attributes.

What gives?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: Anonymous

When you select an hatch you also select it's boundaries which is the polylines.

There is an option to turn this off, see attached.

See also Autodesk Help "PICKSTYLE (System Variable)"

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 3 of 3
kuriakose
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

I am also having the same issue, I don’t think it’s only affecting hatches, for me it’s affecting everywhere. Only the solutions I found is DELCONS command and select “ALL” press ENTER. It’s a temporary solution, after couple of commands the bloody ****t will come again.  Frustrated very much, see the attached video, I have 2 rectangle here with red and green color, I am trying to move the green rectangle to up direction, and see how it’s affecting the red one. It is not only affecting moving commands, but also Stretching, Copying everything. Since Windows 7 and Auto CAD 2014 we all drafters in the company have this issues. We had 2010 version, that did not had any issues. In fact we were using Windows XP at that time. Then the company decided to upgrade the OS with Windows 7, Auto CAD Upgraded with 2014. Problems started. Any solutions?

Please open the pdf file and check right side to see the video.

Thanks

BK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost