AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

vaughnfouche
Message 1 of 8 (2,498 Views)
Accepted Solution

List of required ports & proxy servers for Autocad 2013

2498 Views, 7 Replies
06-11-2012 03:53 AM

Hi Guys,

We have a proxy server on the network which only allows certain websites to be accessed. Recently I have found with CAD 2013 that a lot of the content inside the application actually depends on the user having internet access. Is there a list of addresses you can send me which I can unblock on our firewall?

Board Manager
bud.schroeder
Message 2 of 8 (2,451 Views)

Re: List of websites

06-11-2012 08:45 PM in reply to: vaughnfouche

Hi VAughn,

First of all thanks for posting to the discussion group.   Here is a list that we were able to get from the AutoCAD Team just today.

Hope this helps and thanks again for posting to the discussion groups.

Bud Schroeder

Autodesk Inc.

Proxy servers should allow the below URL’s.
*.akamaiedge.net
*.amazonaws.com
*.autodesk.com
*.google-analytics.com
*.cloudfront.net
*.getsatisfaction.com
*.autocadws.com

Firewalls should allow ports 80 and 443 to everything if possible.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.
Distinguished Contributor
robincapperw
Message 3 of 8 (1,446 Views)

11-05-2013 04:28 PM in reply to: bud.schroeder

Is this info the same for 2014?

dcurnalia
Message 4 of 8 (1,260 Views)

12-13-2013 01:11 PM in reply to: robincapperw

I'm wondering the same thing.....does the URL's listed above encompass Autodesk360 as well?

*Expert Elite*
JGerth
Message 5 of 8 (1,249 Views)

12-13-2013 01:48 PM in reply to: dcurnalia

That should still be current, presuming your it folk are wide open to letting things in and out of their network....

*.akamaiedge.net

many it departments consider akamai malware, & i suspect that's only required for the 'download manager'

*.amazonaws.com

amazon web services --- probably where the 360 stuff is really hosted and stored.  they have likely the biggest set of servers/services available, so access to/from there is likely critical

*.autodesk.com

'nuff said

*.google-analytics.com

marketing and datamining. they're in you web browser all day anyway.... 

*.cloudfront.net

don't who the heck they are, or if they can be trusted with anything at all

*.getsatisfaction.com

marketing and feedback for 360 IIRC

*.autocadws.com
     do you ever plan on using WS?????

minimum access would be to amazon, and maybe cloudfront.  I'd start with opening amazonaws up and see if any issues before I cracked holes in my firewalls for any of the others.

It would help a lot in the trust Department if Adesk would be a LOT more proactive about communicating with users regarding needed access, fluffy access, who, where, how, and why.    Especially regarding storage of credentials -- given the vast number of successful attacks on the infrastructure of 'large global software companies',  it's unsettling to not know in detail how Adesk protects that information.

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 6 of 8 (1,242 Views)

12-13-2013 02:04 PM in reply to: JGerth

JGerth wrote:

It would help a lot in the trust Department if Adesk would be a LOT more proactive about communicating with users regarding needed access, fluffy access, who, where, how, and why.    Especially regarding storage of credentials -- given the vast number of successful attacks on the infrastructure of 'large global software companies',  it's unsettling to not know in detail how Adesk protects that information.

they go over their cloud and data security here
http://www.autodesk.com/trust/overview

you can probably ask them more detailed questions

How do I contact the Privacy Office?

If you have questions or concerns, you can contact us through our web form, by email at privacy.questions@autodesk.com, or by postal mail:

Privacy Questions Autodesk, Inc. The Landmark @ One Market Suite 500 San Francisco, CA 94105 USA

*Expert Elite*
JGerth
Message 7 of 8 (1,236 Views)

12-13-2013 02:44 PM in reply to: DarrenP

DarrenP wrote:

JGerth wrote:

they go over their cloud and data security here..

that's all 'market-speak' so to speak.  There's zero technical information, and the audit report that _might_ be informative requires a NDA - so any issues that show up there are non-public.  And Autodesk's published privacy policy is .... inadequate.  Especailly the bit that says it's subject to change at any time, along with the bit that says users in countries with high levels of legal protection for data must agree to waive their legitimate rights and agree to move their data to countries with weak/non-existant protections.   (I'm paraphrasing there, but that's the gist).  I have directly contacted their privacy office when 360 first came out, and was eminently unsatisfied with the response. 

Also consider that Adesk says they share personal information with 'trusted partners'.  Uhm,,,, trusted by whom?  vetted by whom?  Is there any public information about what they've handed over and to who?  To my certan knowledge, on a least 4 separate occasions Adesk publicly exposed my email contact information to the world at large.   How much has been handed over to the NSA or other three-letter agencies?  Google at least publishes a transparency report ont he number of governmental intrusions -- I've never seen one from Adesk.  And all 360 hosted data is unencrypted - there's no implementation of PKI and no built-in mechansim for user's to secure their information before posting it.
For all the publicly available information I've seen, Adesk could be keeping login credentials in plaintext on an internet accessible machine.  No reson to believe they do, but no information to demonstrate they don't either.
I'm sure they mean well, and have good intentions, but we all know where good intentions end up.  I'm equally certain that Adobe, Sony, etc. all meant well, but that didn't work out so well.  Detailed information, enough for a robust analysis by a cyber security gunslinger, is really needed.  Maybe  they could hire Bruce Schneier to do the analysis and pubish his results w/o an NDA.  Him I'll trust. 

Distinguished Contributor
robincapperw
Message 8 of 8 (1,216 Views)

Re: List of required ports & proxy servers for Autocad 2013

12-15-2013 02:13 PM in reply to: vaughnfouche

Looks like Cloudfront is part of the Amazon Web Services intfrastructure

http://aws.amazon.com/cloudfront/

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube