Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lisp for replacing block with point?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
felt33
487 Views, 3 Replies

Lisp for replacing block with point?

It would be so so great if Autodesk would make the "Replace Block" command actually do aomething. I can replace parts in Solidworks without issue, but in a much simpler 2D environment, replacing blocks is next to impossible unless it's a block of a very very simple shape or something. Could be a great asset if they got it working correctly.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
3wood
in reply to: felt33

Would you mind post a sample drawing so we can test it?

Message 3 of 4
Kent1Cooper

@felt33 wrote:

It would be so so great if Autodesk would make the "Replace Block" command actually do aomething. I can replace parts in Solidworks without issue, but in a much simpler 2D environment, replacing blocks is next to impossible unless it's a block of a very very simple shape or something. Could be a great asset if they got it working correctly.

In what way does it not do what you expect?  What do you do, and what actually happens?

In your posting of the same question in the 2007/8/9 Forum, you don't include the "with point" part in the Subject line.  You should be able to use my suggestions there [or presumably AutoCAD's BlockReplace] with a Block that contains only a Point.  But if you want to replace Blocks with Point entities, that should be simple enough to work out, for example as a modification of one or both of the commands in my BlockReplace.lsp file.  Is that worth pursuing?

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 4
shavezkhan

HAVE YOU USED  BLOCK REPLACE COMMAND

THIS ONE ALSO WE CAN USE ..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost