Did you mean: 

Linetypes Will not Purge

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
tashbyh
657 Views, 8 Replies

Linetypes Will not Purge

I'm working in a project that I'm unable to purge a bunch of unwanted line types in all of the files. I'm not sure how they got there in the first place, but it has to do something with the client. I have tried wblock (I guess I'm doing that right) & I have used Superpurge with no luck. If I create a new drawing, it will have 3 line types. If I copy & paste One word from a file that I can't purge the line types from it brings all of those line types that I can't purge with it. Thanks in advance for any ideas to solve this.

Ashby

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: tashbyh
Message 3 of 9
tashbyh
in reply to: pendean

The client is using auto cadd so I don't think that this would apply.

Message 4 of 9
rsullins

Have you checked to make sure they're not being found in a block? Use the QSELECT command and see if you can select anything that's actually using that linetype. 

Message 5 of 9
tashbyh
in reply to: rsullins

There are no blocks in the general notes sheet, only text.

Message 6 of 9
rsullins

And you can't select anything that's using the linetypes? 

Have you tried AUDIT? Something sounds fishy with that object to me. 

Message 7 of 9
tashbyh
in reply to: rsullins

Audit found nothing wrong. The only thing that's in this file is text & a titleblock. When I created a new file & attached the titleblock there were no new linetypes. Only when I copy/pasted the text did all of the new linetypes appeared.

Message 8 of 9
dgorsman

Thats very typical of the DGN linetypes that pendean mentioned earlier.  It doesn't matter if the client uses uStation or not, as you've seen they migrate through drawings quite easily.  For example, somebody downloads a block off the internet which was exported as DWG from uStation.  The drawing they insert it into is now polluted as well, even after the block is deleted.  That drawing gets sent to another company, they copy-paste part of it into another drawing, and on... and on... and on.

This should be taken care of automatically by the PURGE command in the latest 2015 release.  In earlier releases a hotfix or plug-in utility is needed to remove these.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 9 of 9
tashbyh
in reply to: dgorsman

Thanks for everybody's help/suggestions. I had all of the hotfixes/updates current on acad 2013. I was finally able to get rid of the 284 linetypes by using superpurge. I was not using it correctly before but I kept trying & eventually a blind hog foud the acorn.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost