Lines and object regenerate while moving them across screen

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
6593 Views, 13 Replies

Lines and object regenerate while moving them across screen

Help,

I have upgraded to 2014 and since then I get this annoiying thing that happens when I am moving selected objects/lines across the screen during a copy and move. It's not a computer perfomrance thing. I have two monitors and I have called up both 2014 and 2013 side by side. When O copy or move and drag across the screen everything is wonderful. No regen while dragging, I can see the lines/objects 100% solid while dragging. In 2014, as I'm dragging and can't see the objects/lines because it's trying to regeneratate (slowly) while I'm dragging.

I have checked all my setting in tools>options and they are identical to what I ahve in 2013.

What is going on? A weird variable setting? This one has me stumped and is a very annoiying problem. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,   Tony

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

Check the value of the sysvars DRAGP1 and DRAGP2 on both systems.
Are they the same?
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Tags (2)
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

You are a genuis!~!! Thank you! That is like pulling out a thorrn in my side!

Yes, they were very different

Dragp1 & 2 in 2014 were both set to 0

Dragp1 in 2013 set to 5000

Dragp2 in 2013 set to 10

I changed the 2014 setting to match and now the dragging is beautifully solid as I drag. Thanks so much!

I have no idea why 2014 changed the setting. That was quite irritating.

Tony

Message 4 of 14
nestly2

Hardware Acceleration enabled?  If so it could still be a video driver or hardware issue.  Compare the settings in 3DCONFIG to see if the same effects are available in 2014 as 2013.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

Thanks checking that now.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

yes, those settings are the same 🙂

Message 7 of 14
rkmcswain

@Anonymous wrote:

You are a genuis!~!! Thank you! That is like pulling out a thorrn in my side!

Ha..... no, I just see this problem every so often...

I don't have 2014 in front of me at the moment to look, but I doubt the OOTB settings for those are 0.

Did you migrate from an earlier version when installing 2014? The migration may have a bug that messes up the settings, or maybe a lisp/arx program changed them, etc. You might keep an eye on them for a while to see if they change back to 0.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

Yes, migrated from 2013. I can say that this has been the best migration yet. It did the best ever at pulling in all my custome tool bars and icons and overall configurations. It used to be quite a hassle to upgrade. I have been using Autocad Since version 9 dos (1987). Autocad has come a long way!  I will keep an eye on the settings for sure. Will know instantly if there is a dragging problem.

What are you calling OOTB? Not familiar with that term.

Message 9 of 14
rkmcswain

Out Of The Box

Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

auh.. well, it seems they were set to 0 as default. I did not even know about dragp1 and dragp2 variables until you mentioned them.

Message 11 of 14
rkmcswain

HELP says the default values are 5000 and 10, and these are saved in the registry, hence my suspicion that maybe the migration goofed these up.

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2014/ENU/files/GUID-E2A80E69-A30A-439C-B909-E5CAA3E220F2.htm

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2014/ENU/files/GUID-5A74FD9B-CEFD-4D3A-B2D0-E868CF8CE1F7.htm

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

yes, I believe you are correct about that. Migration issue.

Message 13 of 14
RAFUSE

I just had this exact same issue. DRAGP1 somehow changed to 0 on its own. Changed it back to 5000 and WOW! THANKS!!!
Message 14 of 14
19jjh71

Thanks a lot - saved my brain as well!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost