Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leader Annotation Scales AWOL

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Tucker_CadTech
1611 Views, 7 Replies

Leader Annotation Scales AWOL

Looking for a bit of help with an issue we have experienced on a drawing.

The original file was created on ACAD 2013 & LT 2013 with annotation scales all working perfectly, however an Engineer opened the file in 2005 and did his own sketches elsewhere on the original file (not the one attached, this is an example extract). Since the Engineer worked on the drawing all annotation scales for mleaders seem to be lost and are now displaying extremely small no matter what scale is selected.

Is there a fix to this problem?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Right now the Multileaders are NOT annotative.

Select all the multileaders and in the Properties palette change the Annotative option to Yes.

And you may need to change the text height and leader height to suit the current annotation scale

Message 3 of 8

Granted they are seen as 'Off' in the Test DWG but even when turned on we need to go reset all the original scale settings for arrowhead sizes, text sizes, landing sizes etc. also all the text styles have messed up some characters are now in 'Standard' as opposed to our '2.5mm Text' Annotation Style.

It's not really fixing the problem but bodging it so it works again so was trying to find an exlanation as to why its happened in the first place as the original leaders ARE Annotative and worked fine.

Message 4 of 8

@Tucker_CadTech wrote:

Is there a fix to this problem?

Sorry, as I misunderstood the post.

I wonder how the annotation objects are displayed when he opened the drawing in 2005 ?

I think 2005 does not support annotation objects.

Message 5 of 8

They all display at the correct size / scale still in 2005, he just couldnt edit the scale of the leader etc.

Message 6 of 8
nestly2
in reply to: Ajilal.Vijayan

@Ajilal.Vijayan wrote:

I wonder how the annotation objects are displayed when he opened the drawing in 2005 ?

I think 2005 does not support annotation objects.

It depends on whether SAVEFIDELITY was enabled when it was saved down from 2013 > 200* drawing format.  If enabled, a new layer would be created for each of the annotative object's scales, and each annotative object would be seen as either and anonymous block, or an AEC proxy entity (depending on whether 2005 had the required object enablers installed)

Based on my quick test with SAVEFIDELITY disabled, when an annotative obect is altered in version of Autocad that does not support annotative objects, it loses all it's addtional scales when re-opened in a version of AutoCAD that does support annotative objects.

In short, I personally wouldn't even attempt to resume work in a 2013 format drawing after that drawing had been edited and/or saved with 2005.

Message 7 of 8

SAVEFIDELITY was the last one I suspect about,

But the post says this only happened to multileader.....

Message 8 of 8

AutoCAD 2005 doesn't support multileaders OR annotative scaling. SAVEFIDELITY helps with the second part, but nothing will give functionality to the multileaders. If he saves the file and sends it back to you, you'll get the 2005 interpretation of your annotations.

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost