Did you mean: 

Layer Filters not applied in Quick Properties box

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
anthony_turner
513 Views, 5 Replies

Layer Filters not applied in Quick Properties box

Hi,

I have set up layer filters in the layer manager so it doesn't show xref layers. However, if I want to change an objects layer in the Quick Properties box I still see all the xref layers. They don't show up in the usual layer drop down just in quick properties. Is there anyway that I can apply my filter to the Quick Properties box? I realise I could just use the layer pull down to do what I want but thats not my normal way of working.

Thanks

Tony

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
averdam
in reply to: anthony_turner

same problem

Message 3 of 6

This issue doesn't look like its been resolved...  or solution hasn't been found?   can anyone Help?  I'm having the same problem..

Message 4 of 6

@matthew.mccormack2257W wrote:

This issue doesn't look like its been resolved...  or solution hasn't been found?   can anyone Help?  I'm having the same problem..

We end users (you and me and everyone posting around here) cannot change what does not exist in that QPM tool: and Autodesk isn't about to "just do it" for us by posting here sadly.

Feel free to regularly and constantly ask Autodesk to add that ability in future versions over there were the look for such feedback https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback 

Message 5 of 6

Thank you, I do get that!... I was asking to see if there was a solution, that's all! - not "just do it" like that for me! I don't expect anybody to just change it just like that, especially AutoCAD so its all good... I shall post the feedback to them and hope they can add it to future releases...
Message 6 of 6

Oups, I don't know why I posted so late -  after PD already answered, sorry.

Hi,

>>"This issue doesn't look like its been resolved"

If you mean that nothing changed: Right.

>>"... or solution hasn't been found?"

? Don't use it, or live with ot

>>"can anyone Help?"

Anyone? The only one who can help is the produce, AutoDESK in this case.

If you want to have a change in QuickProperties (I'm also very much in favor of it), tell it Autodesk.

Every year again..

- Sebastian -

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost