Did you mean: 

Keyboard Shortcuts Stopped Working

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
_dmike_
811 Views, 3 Replies

Keyboard Shortcuts Stopped Working

Hope this is an easy one for you guys. I was in the middle of drawing something yesterday when I tried to use the delete key to erase a line. The delete key was unresponsive in AutoCAD. Turns out the keyboard shortcuts CTRL+C and CTRL+V are also acting up. If I make a selection and hit CTRL+C, it just brings up AutoCAD's copy command and makes me reselect what I wish to copy. Whereas, before this started I could select, CTRL+C, CTRL+V and SHAZAM, a copy. Before anyone asks, all of these shortcuts work outside of AutoCAD like normal (i.e. I doubt it's my keyboard). Go easy, I'm new here. This is the first issue I've had where I couldn't find a solution through Google. If it helps: Win 7 Pro 64-Bit (SP1) Intel Core i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz 8GB Ram AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 (SP1) Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Patchy
in reply to: _dmike_

the delete key to erase a line was unresponsive?  Type in PICKFIRST and see if it is 1

Message 3 of 4
dmfrazier
in reply to: _dmike_

"If I make a selection and hit CTRL+C, it just brings up AutoCAD's copy command and makes me reselect what I wish to copy."

Sounds like PICKFIRST variable may have been changed.

Message 4 of 4
_dmike_
in reply to: Patchy

Ugh, yeah. That's it! Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost