Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue about grahics card installation

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Elyn0218
402 Views, 7 Replies

Issue about grahics card installation

We bought a commercial 2014 version of AutoCAD Autodesk SLM ELD a month ago.

The graphics card installed in our Windows 8, 64-bit is NVIDIA GT Force 620 which is apparently not in the list on the certified or recommended ones.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

We have tried downloaded any of the commended graphics on the list of the link above, but the installation did not work at all.

Has anyone of you here uses Windows 8 and 2014 AutoCAD that has been having the same issues we have?

We truly appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Elyn0218

The website and drivers there have not been updated for 2014 yet. Not much you can do until then.

What "issues" are you having that you think this is the solution to fix them?
Message 3 of 8
Elyn0218
in reply to: pendean

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

There is always a warning box appear in the computer screen. Please see attachment.

Secondly,  there are lots of glitches occur, such as:

Flashing, glitchy, slow selection tool.

1.   With all snaps on, it seems as though it is harder than usual to get it to respond.

2.    Rotation of 3D items very slow.

3.     Items disappear when zoom is used.

4.     Redefining blocks, the parent block either increases or decreases in size.

5.    When opening a dwg created on 2007 one dimension moved from original location.

6.    Drawing extents changes and now longer can be zoomed as before, I have tried the F1 help to define the       drawing limits and this has not helped

7.    The dimensions are moving upon opening the drawing

8.     When I copied the 3D object only, part of the dimension line copied as well. The dimension not exploded

9.    Fatal error when doing spell check in 2D

10. The rotation of the 3D from the different views are too slow, and it jumps up and down instead of rotating smoothly.

We truly appreciate your suggestions.....

Message 4 of 8
jggerth1

here's a few -- downgrade (upgrade?) your OS to Win7, turn off aero.

Will the machine take any more RAM?  you can find out at crucial.com b7y running their scanner if you're unsure.

Why not yank that vieo card out and install one that's on the supported list for 2013?  probably cheaper than futzing with one that doesn't work for your needs.

Look for the Snipping tool under Accessories instead of grabbing the camera

Message 5 of 8
pendean

On your pop-up, lower-left corner, "don't show me this uselss message again..." box is worth ticking.

There are at least two threads here with 'flickering' issues that seem to be in 2014, explore them.
The rest of your 10 item list I doubt have much to do with a video card having the correct driver sadly: each has been a topic of discussion around these forums as well.

1. AS in you set OSMODE to 16,283? Might be worth just turning on those that would not conflict with each other, or pairing it down to the most coommon (123 is my setting, find out what is yours).
2. Processor? Ram? Too detailed or busy "3D items"? Be specific.
3. Like what? which entities? this happens all the time?
4. Redefine method? be detailed and very specific.
5. That's been going on for years since fonts changed in 2008 and higher: TTF or SHX?
6. Nothing has changed with Extents: perhaps they are not what you expect. Turn/thaw all layers on and explore in more detail. 2D LIMITS are set to what? Is this a 3D file?
7. Isn't that the same as 5?
8. Do you have DIMASSOC on? so one part of the dim moves? Try anotgher setting for it. Have you tried to lock the layer of the objects you don't want to be affected by your actions?
9. Not related to a graphics card driver. Sounds like a bug or flaw, or a bad dictionary?
10. same as #2?
Message 6 of 8
Elyn0218
in reply to: jggerth1

Thanks for your reply,

Why not yank that vieo card out and install one that's on the supported list for 2013?  probably cheaper than futzing with one that doesn't work for your needs.

----- YES I agree with you. I think thats the best thing to do for now.

With regards to the Snipping tool you mentioned, we do not use this tool. We use the name views and the orbit instead so we do not manipulate the camera.

Lastly, I think we will  just get a window 7 version of desktop rather than  upgrading or downgrading the system.

Thanks for your sugestions anyway.

Message 7 of 8
Elyn0218
in reply to: pendean

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. We are still trying to work things out here, so we will get back to you later with specific and detailed questions.

Message 8 of 8
pendean

Anytime: we'll leave the light on for you.

Please note that this website is down for maintenance this weekend (you see the notice on the right side of the webpage somewhere).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost