Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the NVIDIA Quadro K1000m Sufficient for AutoCAD 2014?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
petestrycharske
3995 Views, 5 Replies

Is the NVIDIA Quadro K1000m Sufficient for AutoCAD 2014?

All,

I know that this video card is not officially recommended by Autodesk, but does anyone have any experience using this graphics card with AutoCAD 2014?  I am working with someone who is having some problems with keyboard entry commands locking up the system and want to eliminate the video card and driver from contention.  Please also let me know if a particular driver version might work better.  Thanks in advance for any information, hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,
Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: petestrycharske

@petestrycharske wrote:
... having some problems with keyboard entry commands locking up the system ...

Can you elaborate on the problem in more detail? identify the commands specifically.

Message 3 of 6
petestrycharske
in reply to: pendean

The only command that I personally tried to use was the line tool, but as soon as I typed in the "L", the system locked up.  The client claims to be able to use the ribbon to launch commands, just not keyboard entry.  I have seen some pretty strange things resulting from the video card and driver, so I thought I would investigate this avenue first.

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 4 of 6
dgorsman
in reply to: petestrycharske

Docking the command line seems to be a common fix for a lot of minor problems with it.  You might also want to check to see if the hardware acceleration is turned on, and/or check if the video card is conflicting with any on-chip graphics hardware found on modern processors (nVidia hardware and their Optimus software is somewhat notorious for this).

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 6

Nvidia Quadro K1000M is a certified Graphics Card.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert/card?siteID=123112&catID=18254205&id=18844534&os=8192&p...

It works fine in my laptop.

Message 6 of 6

Hi,

>> Nvidia Quadro K1000M is a certified Graphics Card.

For Revit, not for AutoCAD 😉

But yes, I'm also not having problems with it ... as long as I set the nVidia card as the preferred graphic processor in the nVidia system settings (so it does not use the Intel HD).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost